Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Speaking of Elric Stories . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Elric Stories . . .

Im so confused here. It seems Im finding various magazines with Elric stories and stuff here and there. Are these stories 'new' ones or reprints of excerpts from different Elric novels? I would like to get /all/ the different Elric stories but I kind of cant justify doubling on a story I already have because its in a mag or something. In Elric at the end of Time, and Tales of the White Wolf and I think in a few other places, theres Elric stories in them but the whole book isnt about Elric (or is other short stories of Elric as in tales not my Mr M). . . has there ever been the thought of taking /all/ the Elric stories and putting them /all/ in order into 1 or 2 volumes of /just/ [official] Elric’s saga?
    Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

Well all of them are in the omnibus volumes or the series I'm currently writing. Tales of the White Wolf contains all the others. Elric at the End of Time appears in the Legends from the End of Time volume White Wolf did. There aren't a lot of magazine stories or stories in other collections, just variations of material already included as noted.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

White Wolf Publishing put out two books: Elric: Song of the Black Sword and Elric: The Stealer of Souls. I think both of those books pretty much cover the major stuff. I know Elric at the End of Time is in Legends from the End of Time, which I would recommend picking up anyway.

Somebody stole my copy of Elric: Song of the Black Sword, so I can't tell you exactly what's in it, but Elric: The Stealer of Souls includes The Sleeping Sorceress, The Revenge of the Rose, The Stealer of Souls, Kings in Darkness, The Caravan of Forgotten Dreams, and Stormbringer.

Tales of the White Wolf is a compilation of Elric stories by other authors, but if I remember correctly, it does include one original short story by Michael Moorcock. This was actually the first Elric book I read...a friend lent it to me, and I've been hooked ever since.

I've also got The Dreamthief's Daughter. Actually, it's an autographed copy that I won in a contest on this site when the book was first released...it's one of my most prized possessions.

I guess there's a new book out now that I hadn't heard about because I had taken so much time off from reading. You should probably pick that up too.

Comment

8O Wow, I guess we were typing at the same time.

Comment

Thanks
          I have Tales of the White Wolf. I dont have the Omnibus editions of the Elric stories. I would prefer the Borealis (White Wolf?) editions of the EC volumes. I do not have Stealer of Souls or Song of the Black Sword but I gather once I get those and the Omnibus (Borealis?) editions doubled in some instances with the 6 original books plus FoTP, RoTR, Dtheifs Daughter and the ones that follow that will give me all the Elric stories. I just wasnt sure about all the different mags theres Elric stories in them and stuff.

My original collection had the DAW editions (later the Berklay editions) and that was it. Im more then a bit overwhelmed, undecided . . . however you want to put it with regards to all the different printings and editions and short stories here and there and everywhere. Then theres Elric books that had a different title originally. Thats also the case with other series that I want too and its like *sigh* ......I got Jaydes price list and frankly there seems to be so many versions of just one book I gave up and put it up. He didnt seem to have what I was looking for and even if he did I couldnt tell . . .

But I will keep an eye for those two books and hopefully can grab them off eBay when I get the spare money. About how much are they going for doys, anyone know?

Oh and the Dancers series is one of my ultimate fav MM series. I had the individual berklay editions and hope I can replace them too at some point.
          Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

Comment

Working...
          X