Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Kotobukiya Corum Resin Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kotobukiya Corum Resin Kit?

Hi,

Has anyone seen the kit version of the Kotobukiya Corum sculpture? I've come accross the prepainted statues, just wondering if the resin kit version was ever produced or being planned for production.

I've had the good luck of purchasing an original Kotobukiya Elric and it is a work of art!

http://www.artfx-kotobukiya.com/item/corum_e.html

Daniel

That is bad-ass. I think I have seen the Elric one. Very nice.
    When they had advanced together to meet on common
    ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
    and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
    each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
    mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
    killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Yeah!

Thanks Mr. Lee, I've never seen that one!

http://community-1.webtv.net/blixstu...IOS/page6.html
      When it comes time to die
      Sing your death song
      and die like a warrior.

http://www.aliensurgeon.com

Comment

Hi,
        These two beautiful kits are both representations of Yoshitaka Amano's artwork and were sculpted by the masterful Takayuki Takeya.
        Both were released as very limited "garage" kits cast in resin with a few white metal pieces [swords] and the castings are virtually flawless. The "Stormbringer" kit was also issued as a completed wall plaque before being released as the fully painted sculpture featured on Kotobukiya's web site.
        As rare as the "Elric" kit is, the "Corum" kit is even more impossible to find.
        Beware of recasts and send Dr. Jest to pay a house call on any and all recasters and their customers.
        Ouch!
        "But I'm tryin', Ringo, I'm trying real hard to be the shepard."

Comment

Hi bluekachina,

I'm a big takeya fan myself, I've most of his garage kits (original only of course) but i have never come across the corum resin kit, i just spoke to a few garage kit enthusiasts and they tell me that only the corum kit has yet to be released as a garage kit. I'm tempted to purchase the prepainted statue and paint the kit again, but if the corum has been released as a kit , i'll try an hunt down one to build and paint.

Would you happen to own the kotobukiya corum?

Daniel

Comment

Hi Daniel,
            I saw the Corum kit offered for sale years ago and am pretty sure it was not a recast.
            Back then there was not quite the out- cry against recasts and it was a bit more difficult to identify
            the rogue kits, so perhaps I am wrong.

Comment

Isn't Corum known as Corum of the red BLADE? I've stripped my prepaint and I'm getting ready to repaint it. I want it to be accurate.

Comment

No, he's the Prince in the Scarlet Robe! I think he's sword is regular sword colour, as it were!
                As far as I know, there were no 'rogue kits' produced of the Corum figure. I have heard of some copies of the Elric, but haven't seen them.
                They're very finely detailed in the original. That's about all I know to say on that subject.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Ive seen some MM stuff in model magazines. I saw a elric wall bust and figures.

Comment

As one who just recently got into the Corum series, that model is just wow. For some reason Ive never been able to settle on a mental image of what he looked like. That statue works for me. If I even run across it, I shall strive to make one mine.
                    Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

Comment

Starscream-
                      I am pretty sure Kotobukiya released Corum in kit form before the statue release, just as they did with Elric.
                      Last time I checked, the Corum statue was still available from the Kotobukiya web site for around 300 bones.
                      It IS impressive. The Elric bootleg/recasts are reported to have many mold lines, so I discourage the purchase of these for this reason and for the fact that they are un-authorized.

Comment

I waited for the kit and never saw it materialize. I broke down and got the prepaint on ebay a few years ago. Definitely strip it if you want to repaint it. I soaked mine in Castrol Superclean degreaser and the paint slid off in sheets uncovering a lot of detail underneath. The blade on it was red. :)

Comment

Thanks for the info guys ^_^

And not to sound too stupid but, Ive seen a few different Elric kits on eBay. Exactly /which/ one is official (though I think I have an idea which one isn't)? I certainly do not want to contribute to the bootleg market in this.
                          Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

Comment

Be VERY careful with ebay. I wouldn't trust 99% of the stuff from Thailand. The corum came in a big black box. It has the usual kotobukiya markings on the bottom of the statue in white letters. I'd tell you exactly what mine said, but I stripped the entire statue. The Elric was released as a kit of him standing on a skull. Not too sure about the details on this one. The second release had the same figure on a wall plaque with a wooden board to use as a prop (like a picture frame). I believe that they later sculpted a resin stand for the plaque. It came in a very nice brown box and the resin was a straw color. FYI, here's my Elric that I did a while back:
                            http://www.heycomputer.com/images/sc...ric/elric.html

I really need to read these books. I'm sure they are amazing. I'm also amazed at how hunks of clay can pique someone's interest in a world they never knew existed. :)

Comment

Working...
                            X