Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Rock song about Corum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock song about Corum

In the mid 70's I wrote a rock (bordering on prog-rock) song influenced by the Corum series of books for my band at the time called 'Sticky Wickit'. Over 30 years later we have got back together and recorded it again. I would very much like to share it with Micheal and any other Moorcock fans that might be interested. How can I get this song to Michael's attention?

Hi Eddie, if you have the song in MP3 format, you could upload it to our Media Hive where we'd host it for you. Or if you have your own website where you host the track then post a link here so people can visit it.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Media Hive - uploading MP3's

Hi

Thanks for your suggestion about the Media Hive to upload my MP3 track. I checked it out and could not fiind any way to upload new material. Can you help?

Regards

Eddie

Comment

Eddie, if you go to this page and follow the instructions at the top, you should be able to add your file. They work for MP3s as well as images, but your upload won't display a thumbnail.

If you can't upload it that way (I think there's about a 6MB limit) you can email it to myself (via the drop-down menu when you click on my username, above left) or David and we can put it in the Media Hive part of the IH by the back door, so to speak.
        Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 08-19-2009, 12:30 PM.
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Thanks for all your help.

I have now posted the song as an MP3 file in tehe 'put your images here' section of download your images. It appears as posted by Guest though so maybe I will not be able to get any feedback if people like it or hate it.

I hope Michael gets to hear it.

New handle : Peter Plectrum

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Plectrum View Post
            It appears as posted by Guest though so maybe I will not be able to get any feedback if people like it or hate it.
            I've amended that for you.
            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Anyone who wants to hear the file in question can listen here.

Not bad at all, PP. Is it very representative of your sound?
              Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 09-01-2009, 11:33 AM. Reason: Changed link
              You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Excellent track PP!
                More please!
                "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Rock song about Corum

Thingfish / Govenor

Thanks for your comments, glad you like it. There is more from this band as this is just one track of a album but this is the only song inspired by MM. I first wrote it in 1974 but there was no decent recording of it until now. I know MM has a love of music ( Hawkwind and others) so I have always wanted to send it to him. I hope he does get to hear it sometime

Peter Plectrum

Comment

Rock Song about Corum

Hello Governor of Rowe Island,

I was wondering if there was a way I could get this MP3 file onto the MP3 Album in the Media Hive? It seems a more logical place than amongst artworks? What do you think?

PP

Comment

Done!

If you have a picture you'd like added (I think I remember how to do it) let me have it or let me know where I can find it and I can replace the generic pic it's got now.
                      Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 09-01-2009, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X