Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Krezscenti Morninktomsk!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groakes
    replied
    applause all round!!!

A wonderful victory!

Looking forward to Nye's commentary in Opis' 3! These new opisi will provide an invaluable complement to the existing Opis' 1 (Opis' 2 includes the protocols and stenograms from Central Committee plenums held between 1918 and 1966, adding to the RTsKhIDNI materials).

Leave a comment:

• steeltsar
    replied
    The Handoff!

Amazing!

Thanks (bloop, bleurrrgh) (gasp) (wheeze) (spit)

Kres... Krezcen... Krhhzzzhzh... shhahvvv... nnnnt... (gasp, wheeze, retch, sorry) bugger it

Mornington Crescent.

Leave a comment:

• Groakes
    replied
    Since my foolish move to Bagrationovskaya I've been caught in a Sakhalov loop between Filyovsky Park and Studentcheskaya! Nye makes passing mention in his footnotes to the commentary on the Kaminski - Bogdanov challenge match in Lvov in '61 but only in that it contradicts Stovold's Yalta Imperative which by implication I invoked by moving to Bagrationovskaya in the first place!

So! My only option would appear to be a good head of steam and a full charge across the board to:

Tekstilchiki

It won't win me the game but it sure beats cratering....

Oh! I'm calling in a "Blasov Handoff" as well (Yellow appendix, page 188b, footnote 17).

Leave a comment:

• steeltsar
    replied
    As I forget who said on his deathbed:

"Is that it?"

I was foolish enough to eat a deep fried Mars Bar in my Edinburgh stopover and the uneven rails in Helsinki en route back really did for my stomach so I can't tell, I'm sidelined pro tem here in Rechnoi Vozkal, trying not to be sick and trying to get a drink.

If it is (I've a sneaking feeling it is) well played all and Mike is to be applauded as a champion of stamina, ingenuity, cunning and integrity.

If not, someone must have an endgame up their sleeve. Unfinished games tend to come back and haunt one. Look at what happened to poor Relf in 1958.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    OK. With Bogdan Urinski in hand and a swift reference to Yuri V. Kruschenko (1945) in the fifteenth edition of The Polyanka Moves, I feel comfortable about

Sevastopolskya

Free at last! Free at last!

Leave a comment:

• steeltsar
    replied
    Back, thank the Lord. Understandably perhaps my re-entry is airborne, so to speak:

Aeroport

Leave a comment:

• Groakes
    replied
    Bakunin's Doubles! That brings me back to something tha I am willing to recognize as reality!

Altufyevo - that's a very "safe" move a long way from... well anywhere really. I could try and block you at Bibirevko but that would leave me open to a Vlasov Reversal, which as you recall had drastic consequences for all concerned in 1943.

So with Bogdanov in one hand and Nye's commentaries on the footnotes to the '52 Central Committee Plenum in the other (Fond 2 of TsKhSD) I give you

Bagrationovskaya

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Well, if you say so. I'm losing the logic of this game.
    What the hell, I'll just play safe.

Altufyevo.

Assuming we're still using Bakunin's Doubles.

Leave a comment:

• steeltsar
    replied
    Progress. Caught a Baltic factory ship off the Orkneys and here I am at the endgame stages of Hammerskjoen's Diversion, contemplating the winter darkness of the Gulf of Finland, and also playing a clean game again. (It's bloody cold though.)

Rautatientori Jarnvagstorget

Leave a comment:

• Groakes
    replied
    Originally posted by mordenkainen
    Ramesh Nagar.
    The abscence of street lights in Ramesh Nagar implies a daylight move (or moving under your own source of illumination). A sub continental shift of such extremes clearly invokes the Break Journey Rules.

As that cannot be applied to the Grande Europa tour, I will move to Warsaw (via the Talinn Express):

Potocka

Leave a comment:

• mordenkainen
    replied
    Ramesh Nagar.

Leave a comment:

• steeltsar
    replied
    I'm still way off course here and time has slowed to a crawl while I seem to have arrived at

Edinburgh Morningside.

I'm hoping to make my way up to the Faroes and there hop on a friendly Soviet trawler... might take a little while...

Leave a comment:

• Groakes
    replied
    Well, with the track between Lesnaya and Ploschad Muzhestva I will continue northward to.... (I am unwilling to take the number 80 bus!):

Deviatkino

always the best kind I find....

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Thanks to Perdix I'm off the river trams and playing a clean game again. It's a relief and my conscience allows me to play --

Mendeleyevskyaya! Hurrah!!!

Leave a comment:

• steeltsar
    replied
    Gardens, that is.
    About 1782.
    Crowds, music, fireworks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X