Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Krezscenti Morninktomsk!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I forget who said on his deathbed:

"Is that it?"

I was foolish enough to eat a deep fried Mars Bar in my Edinburgh stopover and the uneven rails in Helsinki en route back really did for my stomach so I can't tell, I'm sidelined pro tem here in Rechnoi Vozkal, trying not to be sick and trying to get a drink.

If it is (I've a sneaking feeling it is) well played all and Mike is to be applauded as a champion of stamina, ingenuity, cunning and integrity.

If not, someone must have an endgame up their sleeve. Unfinished games tend to come back and haunt one. Look at what happened to poor Relf in 1958.

Comment

• Since my foolish move to Bagrationovskaya I've been caught in a Sakhalov loop between Filyovsky Park and Studentcheskaya! Nye makes passing mention in his footnotes to the commentary on the Kaminski - Bogdanov challenge match in Lvov in '61 but only in that it contradicts Stovold's Yalta Imperative which by implication I invoked by moving to Bagrationovskaya in the first place!

So! My only option would appear to be a good head of steam and a full charge across the board to:

Tekstilchiki

It won't win me the game but it sure beats cratering....

Oh! I'm calling in a "Blasov Handoff" as well (Yellow appendix, page 188b, footnote 17).
      Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
      Bakunin

Comment

• The Handoff!

Amazing!

Thanks (bloop, bleurrrgh) (gasp) (wheeze) (spit)

Kres... Krezcen... Krhhzzzhzh... shhahvvv... nnnnt... (gasp, wheeze, retch, sorry) bugger it

Mornington Crescent.

Comment

• applause all round!!!

A wonderful victory!

Looking forward to Nye's commentary in Opis' 3! These new opisi will provide an invaluable complement to the existing Opis' 1 (Opis' 2 includes the protocols and stenograms from Central Committee plenums held between 1918 and 1966, adding to the RTsKhIDNI materials).
          Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
          Bakunin

Comment

Working...
          X