Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Krezscenti Morninktomsk!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hhhhhmmm

Option 7d of the Peregovskaya caucaus variations (1932) would indicate that

Ploshchad Revolyutsii

would be a not inappropriate move to make at this junction
    Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
    Bakunin

Comment

Am I wrong in thinking The 1978 Komintern Extended rules? This would allow me the use of the transsiberian railroad to get out of this deadly trap... and through the famous Maldakovitch / Nan weiji connection...I could play...

Dazhongsi.

Please tell me if that move is illegal according to the current set of rules.

Comment

The 1978 Komintern Extended rules? You modernist! I prefer the classical interpretation as presented in the appendix to the Dyelo Trouda Group's revision. So I will respond with:

Dynamo
        Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
        Bakunin

Comment

Originally posted by Groakes
          hhhhhmmm

Option 7d of the Peregovskaya caucaus variations (1932) would indicate that

Ploshchad Revolyutsii

would be a not inappropriate move to make at this junction
          Beeep! I'm sorry. The sanctions that forbid duplication prohibit that move, as it was made earlier in play (by me).

Please select a new move!

LSN

Comment

That's what happens when you get to the game late...

Well then in Nye's "Subvert the Fundamental Paradigm", his definitive forward looking 1932 commentary on the classic 1948 three way game at Velikiyie Luki between Vorishilov, Lermentov and Karpinski, he concluded that Vorishilov's use of the Rokkosovskii protocol in defence against the combined branch/siding/branch manouevers of Lermentov was needlessly aggressive and bloody minded and thus served only to bring his two opponents closer together. So while I am tempted to employ Rokkosovskii now, I feel that something more subtle is called for.

Therefore:
            Avtozavodskaya
            Bakunin

Comment

(Having won his freedom by denouncing his friend Vasiliy for ogling a potato in an anti-Soviet fashion in a field near Dubrovnik in 1937, Perdixovich plays...)

Dalanzadghad

Comment

Dobrininskaya.

LSN

Comment

On page one of this thread mordenkainen said:

I reckon we' re playing stolkhov's adaptation of stovold here, with Kuznetsky Most as the target. Am I wrong?

....so, modestly (I trust) pleased, as I was, with my Mitino-Gorky Park-Kuznetsky Most endgame, are we now playing a coda? (Something like Tarkovsky's?)

I haven't got the hang of these quote boxes yet.

Comment

As unexpected as it was elegant!
                    Your aggresive pursuit of the Mamaev Kurgan coda recalls Bulgakov at his finest.
                    So, as Bogdanov said to Dzerzhinskii:

Tsvetnoi bulvar
                    Bakunin

Comment

Since I got no definitive answer on the 1978 Komintern Extended, I will assume my move was legal. The Transsiberian railroad allows an infinity of subtle combinations, I'm sure it only can make this game even mor interesting.

I will move on to Yonghegong.

Comment

Such brutality!
                        Such finesse!
                        Your interpretation of Karamazov as applied in the 1978 Komintern Extende is faultless! You leave little choice but to carry out the Irkutsk blocking shunt:
                        Podgorbunskogo
                        Bakunin

Comment

So we're playing a pre-plutocrat game. Well, if that's the case, I'll call on the Uralian strategy, adopt a 1922 Congress Rule which you'll tell me was abolished in 1936, but I know was re-instituted in 1942 during the Emergency. And never again rescinded! Forgive an ironic smile while I play

Mayakovskaya.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                          The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                          Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                          The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                          Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Ah ha!
                            The Uralian strategy! It was only a matter of time I suppose....
                            My reading of the 2nd edition appendices to "The Organizational Platform of the Libertarian Communists" implies that a Polish gauge service (a la Bronowski) is required to complete a Trans-Baikul linkup via Magnitogorsk:

so!

Magnitogorskogo Kalibrovochnogo Zavoda

Please. Your patience with me is admirable as I am merely what you would call an enthusiastic amateur. Forgive my transgressions as I rarely have the chance to practice my theoretical research against real players, particulalry ones as graceful and savage as yourselves. I hope only that my stamina will hold up...
                            Bakunin

Comment

OK, Tarkovsky's Coda, and I shall opt to play Stalker's, not Solaris guidelines, though as you know there's no compulsion either way.

Altufyevo

Comment

Interesting. If I read the state of play correctly we have the following situation:

Mitino-Gorky Park-Kuznetsky Most with appended Tarkovsky Coda caucused with a pre-plutocracy Uralian with concatenated Comintern Extension!

According to Nye, such a configuration hasn't happened since 1931 when Lukianoff employed his trademark Bolascu against Klimov, who only escaped a complete Rumanian by way of a technicality in the footnotes to Green Appendix in the 1929 Stovold's.

With that in mind:
                                Novye Cheremushki
                                Bakunin

Comment

Working...
                                X