Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Web of Fear and The Mornington Crescent Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by postodave View Post
    I wondered if there was any connection between the sacred geometry later beloved of Henry Lincoln and the London underground and found this. Apparently the work of Alan Moorefdbb4088daec07b7030212795eedfc01.jpg

Going by this schematic, I'm reckoning Temple or Blackfriars might be the nearest stations to a sideways visit to The Swan With Two Necks pub, adjacent to Chambers?

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
      Going by this schematic, I'm reckoning Temple or Blackfriars might be the nearest stations to a sideways visit to The Swan With Two Necks pub, adjacent to Chambers?
      Apparently Umberto Eco calls what you are doing transworld migration. Something Alan Moore should know all about. Suppose I sidestep from my own migration and play Goodge Street? A few years after writing the Web of Fear Henry Lincoln took to drawing geometrical figures all around the landscape of a certain French village. Essentially the underground map does the same thing. This is not a literal underground image.jpglandscape which would look more like this. It is an idealised landscape partly structured by imposed mathematical patterns. So we are really talking about a kind of sacred geometry. The Swan with Two Necks occupies the same kind of unreal landscape. So in short yes.

Comment

I was looking for the lady Oona in the bar , she's still got my wallet , I walked into the Gents and next thing I know I'm whizzing through the multiverse and end up lying flat out inTrafalgar Square . I found Oona had forgotten to take my credit card with her so this nice green skinned lady named Terhali in the nearest bar says she can get me some cash , I'm having a pint waiting on her returning ...funny thing is I really do recognize her from somewhere.....I think I'm still lost ....

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
          I was looking for the lady Oona in the bar , she's still got my wallet , I walked into the Gents and next thing I know I'm whizzing through the multiverse and end up lying flat out inTrafalgar Square . I found Oona had forgotten to take my credit card with her so this nice green skinned lady named Terhali in the nearest bar says she can get me some cash , I'm having a pint waiting on her returning ...funny thing is I really do recognize her from somewhere.....I think I'm still lost ....
          Reminds me strangely of the time I ended up spending the night in Limehouse nick (Cockspur Rum... shudder!). Nearest tube being, Canary Wharf.

Comment

Don't try to tell me Trafalgar Square was an accident! You are relying on the dating conundrum for a reverse Pertwee. You are not lost at all. Knightsbridge obviously but with some trepidation. I am in the hands of a master. But this may be exactly the kind of play we need to crack the code. What do you know of Rennes-le-Château? Rat_Scabies_and_The_Holy_Grail_book_cover.jpg

Comment

... What do you know of Rennes-le-Château?
              Change at King's Cross St. Pancras, for the Eurostar. ;>)

Comment

Ok , so Terhali isn't coming back either , luckily I have my trusty emergency Ladbroke Grove Mastermind card so I took a tube to somewhere called Piccadilly , there's a mad statue here with loads of traffic , I was only looking for Tennent's Bar in Byres Road inGlasgow but as long as I'm lost here in the Big City Lights, I'll have another beer to steady my nerves until I can find out wehere to go next .

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
                  Change at King's Cross St. Pancras, for the Eurostar. ;>)
                  Yes, but once you get there are there two sacred geometries which are somehow linked - the underground and the overground or are the two really one.

Comment

Ok , so Terhali isn't coming back either , luckily I have my trusty emergency Ladbroke Grove Mastermind card so I took a tube to somewhere called Piccadilly , there's a mad statue here with loads of traffic , I was only looking for Tennent's Bar in Byres Road inGlasgow but as long as I'm lost here in the Big City Lights, I'll have another beer to steady my nerves until I can find out wehere to go next .
                    You come across as a bumbling amateur yet make these very shrewd moves, like Piccadilly which is a move into the buffer zone and legalises your reverse Pertwee. I think you may have been taken over by an outside force.

Comment

Yes, but once you get there are there two sacred geometries which are somehow linked - the underground and the overground or are the two really one.
                      Indeed. The clues are everywhere!

King's Cross, St Pancras and Euston are the holy grail of London transport hubs but this triangle of well connected areas has blossomed into far more than just departure and arrival points.

https://www.londonresidential.com/ab...es/kings-cross

Comment

The Reverse Pertwee is a strange thing to me , this young blonde doctor's assistant named Jo Grant spoke to me in the bar and offered me a lift in her new refurbished police box to reverse the Reverse Pertwee , it made the wierdest noises .....I have ended up lost again ,no money , trouserless , she took my credit card to pay for the fare and never gave it back , I am now in somewhere called Wardour Street in a place named Soho , I`ll have to pretend to be a Ladbroke Grove Escapee so I don't get arrested . Oh , I just found some denims sitting on a window ledge , they're a bit big but they'll do , I've also found another pub and 50 pounds in the denim pockets !!! This being lost thing is just a bit mad 😲😲

Comment

After a refreshing pint at the Coach & Horses, you really need to get to Tottenham Court Rd. Tube and buy yourself an Oyster card.

Comment

Pietro , I told you , I'm lost and I don't like seafood either . This nice lady with the elongated cigarette holder named Una gave me a lift from the pub in her Bentley , she dropped me off at a place called Hackney , she told me I could catch a train to Glasgow from here and I paid her the last 40 pounds I had left for the ticket she just happened to have in her handbag , when I look at it now it says ' Entrance to British Museum ' and it's dated 13 June 1967 and I can't find the train station😮😮......I'm still lost......

Comment

Okay this is the concern. It would appear that one of us has been taken over by the Great Intelligence and that means all of us are suspects. We need to ask whether any of us have been displaying capacities or abilities beyond the norm such as a remarkable facility at some activity and secondly whether any of us have been turning up at places without being able to explain how they got there. The next indicator will be continuing to walk around after death and talking in a spooky voice. Meanwhile Putney Bridge.

Comment

Okay this is the concern. It would appear that one of us has been taken over by the Great Intelligence and that means all of us are suspects. We need to ask whether any of us have been displaying capacities or abilities beyond the norm such as a remarkable facility at some activity and secondly whether any of us have been turning up at places without being able to explain how they got there. The next indicator will be continuing to walk around after death and talking in a spooky voice. Meanwhile Putney Bridge.
                                Postodave , you are uncanny !!! recently I have turned up in many places without knowing how or why I got there...one time was on top of a bus in Tooting....another was in The Moorcock Inn with a Pole Dancer....I do remember several pints and a few single malts had something to do with it.....so that being said , I'm still lost ....the nearest street sign says Wandsworth Common.....am I still in London ?????

Comment

Working...
                                X