Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Web of Fear and The Mornington Crescent Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
    This is the other and entirely original, Pietro_Mercurios, wondering if alternate routes through, Hobb's End, or British Museum, are possible?
    It should have been the Natural History Museum and Hob's end. Of course you be facing a force of 500 mega-Bernards on the cross lateral so going would be slow. Shelton Street.

Comment

(Good to see a game up and running - I just need to dig out the old Stovold's from the attic and I'll be in like Flynn)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Murphy View Post
        (Good to see a game up and running - I just need to dig out the old Stovold's from the attic and I'll be in like Flynn)
        It's hard to be decisive when so much of this is speculative. Henry Lincoln may have been a great man who knew the secrets of the cosmos or he may have just been making it up. IAnd when you have to avoid fungus and can negotiate the maelstrom in a double decker it's a very different kind of game.

Comment

I seem to have met an unexpected obstacle, near Gloucester Rd. WhoWarMach_01.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
            I seem to have met an unexpected obstacle, near Gloucester Rd. WhoWarMach_01.jpg
            Has to be Post Office Tower. Hidden in plain sight. Now things are moving.

Comment

I wondered if there was any connection between the sacred geometry later beloved of Henry Lincoln and the London underground and found this. Apparently the work of Alan Moorefdbb4088daec07b7030212795eedfc01.jpg
              and this milkyway.png?zoom=1.5&w=500&ssl=1.pngwhich is a guide to the Milky Way. Can't get a pentagram onto the underground, through I think Quatermas found one.

Comment

Can anyone tell me where I am ? I took a train in Glasgow and ended up somewhere called Old Kent Road...I'm completely lost so do I get thrown out the game ?

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
                  Can anyone tell me where I am ? I took a train in Glasgow and ended up somewhere called Old Kent Road...I'm completely lost so do I get thrown out the game ?
                  That actually sounds like a good plan...the whole Whovian universe is totally perilous WWS. Oh, blast it here i am too now !... making a stealthy exit towards a Shifter Tunnel... in Chelsea... (😖)

https://youtu.be/XvRQDsH0Yho
                  Last edited by Kymba334; 06-08-2020, 11:30 PM.
                  Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

Okay, so Oxford Street. Cautious, I know. But there is a theme here.

Comment

Now I am at somewhere called Elephant and Castle....only thing I've found is a pub selling London Pride ....might be here for a while

Comment

Ok , I'm lost again ....I see a sign saying Croydon.......it's ok I've found another pub

Comment

Now I am at somewhere called Elephant and Castle....only thing I've found is a pub selling London Pride ....might be here for a while
                          Elephant and Castle would be a perfectly good move at this stage. I can't help suspecting a bit of gamesmanship here. You pretend to be lost and faux naively make a valid move. We think this is some novice and then shallomy gallomy zoop you deliver a masterstoke. Anyway Marble Arch will do me.

Comment

Ok , I'm lost again ....I see a sign saying Croydon.......it's ok I've found another pub
                            Again, Croydon is a good move at this stage, usually. You are luring us. Also I guess you were hoping we didn't notice you play out of turn. Unless you were back-looping.

Comment

I'm still lost......but I've just met this nice albino lady named Oona , she's taken me on the train to a pub in Oxford Street , I'm just waiting on her returning from the upstairs bar with my wallet and a pint ....

Comment

I'm still lost......but I've just met this nice albino lady named Oona , she's taken me on the train to a pub in Oxford Street , I'm just waiting on her returning from the upstairs bar with my wallet and a pint ....
                                Oxford Street at this point is a double back loop or back loo. It amounts to reverse Pertweeing.

Comment

Working...
                                X