Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Mike found your Amazon alter ego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cosmic cube
    replied
    thanks David. appreciate your help

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Originally posted by cosmic cube View Post
    sorry new to this and posted this in wrong thread. Apologies, have reposted in hopefully the correct thread.
    Hey, no problem. To paraphrase Doctor Who: "[The Multiverse] is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book. You've got to throw yourself in, eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers - or is that just me?"

Welcome!

PS. I'll remove the posts in the Pronunciation thread so there's no confusion.

Leave a comment:

• cosmic cube
    replied
    sorry

sorry new to this and posted this in wrong thread. Apologies, have reposted in hopefully the correct thread.

Leave a comment:

• cosmic cube
    replied
    Demon race that formed stormbringer/mournblade

hi mike

i'm a new subscriber but an old soul. This may be a well trodden path but I was wondering whether you had any plans to say write a story about the demon race that became stormbringer/mournblade and their brothers and sisters.

The race must be incredibly powerful, there are references in various places to stombringer being a power on pretty much any plane of existence. They killed gods.

How did they come into being ? who were they ? why did they choose the form of a sword ?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Review of MD

A review in The Daily Telegraph of The Metatemporal Detective
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main...5/bomoo105.xml
    and this...
    http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle3127837.ece
    Last edited by Michael Moorcock; 01-05-2008, 12:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Oren
    replied
    It runs in the family:
    Linda's reviews at Amazon

Leave a comment:

• The Cosmic Balance
    replied
    Mike's reviews at Amazon

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Oops, that was you, was it ? Thought it was some sort of scam and deleted it! Not sure what it means, either! Sorry, though... :oops:

Leave a comment:

• Typhoid_Mary
    replied
    Hey Mike, I've just made you my Amazon Friend. I'm not sure what that means, exactly, but still...

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    James Colvin was my pseudonym when I wrote for Science Fantasy, then became a 'house pseudonym' on New Worlds. Later, for fun I invented hisa uncle Warwick Colvin Jnr, son of James. It's the name you'll find as the author of the Masked Buckaroo stories (see Tales from the Texas Woods) and it also appears in the Blood and War Amongst the Angels stories. I also use it for projects like some of my contributions to Iain Sinclair's forthcoming City of Disappearances. Since I didn't want to use my own name at Amazon (though I'd be happy to, otherwise) I chose what I thought was an obvious pseudonym and have made it clear that it's me. I've used it to review books I like and to correct faults in Amazon information about my own books etc.

Leave a comment:

• liar_on_high
    started a topic Mike found your Amazon alter ego

Mike found your Amazon alter ego

"Excuse me for sailing under the above flag of convenience. It's one of my jokier pseudonyms."

I got a good chuckle out of your response.

What's the origin of the pseudonym?
Working...
X