Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

In Memoriam- Carlos Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Memoriam- Carlos Victoria

I have the sad honour of announcing Cuban novelist and El Nuevo Herald columnist, Carlos Victoria's death.

Victoria, best known in Europe, was lauded by many critics as being the premiere Cuban novelist. His works were perhaps best received in their French translations.

* "Victoria is a writer endowed with the gift of fashioning a personal experience into a genuine work of literature."

--Le Courier (Geneva)
    * "One of the greatest Cuban writers of all time."
    --Con Cuban en la Distancia (Cultural association, Cadiz, Spain)

His most-recent published work, the novel, A Bridge in Darkness, won the following praise:

* "A work of suspense in metaphysical dimensions, lucidly set in a Miami metropolis where [humanity] has lost its [bearings.]"
    --Histoire de la litterature hispano-americaine de 1940 a nos jours (Paris)

* "Every step exudes a mystery. Every episode is cloaked in a veil that's drawn aside to reveal another veil behind it."
    --El Nuevo Herald (Miami)

My autographed and dedicated copy is now all that I have left to remember my friend and next-door neighbour.

I hope others may discover his work and gain some small measure of insight regarding Carlos' deep intellect and genuine concern-for and fascination-with the human condition.

ISBN 0-9714366-9
    Pureplay Press
    www.pureplaypress.com
    Last edited by Kyrinn S. Eis; 10-12-2007, 09:21 AM.
    Ani Maamin B'emunah Sh'leimah B'viyat Hamashiach. V'af al pi sheyitmahmehah im kol zeh achake lo b'chol yom sheyavo.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." - Phillip K. Dick

my condolences on the loss of your friend Kyrinn.
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Thank you.
      Ani Maamin B'emunah Sh'leimah B'viyat Hamashiach. V'af al pi sheyitmahmehah im kol zeh achake lo b'chol yom sheyavo.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." - Phillip K. Dick

Comment

When a writer goes, so do the yet untold stories he could yet have enchanted us with. I am sorry for your and everybody's loss.
        que descanse en paz...
        Google ergo sum

Comment

Working...
        X