Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Mom And Dad Brock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom And Dad Brock

From Dave Brock (Hawkwind Founder):
    A short note to let you know what's been going on -

Two days after my dads 100th birthday on January 6th my mum died aged 94. We've been looking after "the good old pair" for a few years.

My dad moved in eventually passing away himself on September 1st. So musically I have not felt too inclined.

Hopefully inspiration will come for Space Night in December. The boys in the band will rise to fly off into the galaxy taking you all with us on further adventures.

Yours

Captain Brock
    No words....
    Last edited by voilodian ghagnasdiak; 10-07-2007, 04:35 AM.

Regrets ................

An african wise man said that when an old peole die, it is a librairy who burns
    Last edited by Morgan Kane; 10-07-2007, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Don't fully get it... they were your parents, Voilodian? In any case sounds beautiful despite the sadness of departure. What a life, impressing and highly respectable to enable the "good old pair" to be with you in dignity.
      I hope Life will yet thank you.
      Google ergo sum

Comment

The message is from Dave Brock (of Hawkwind) regarding the passing of his ma & pa.

It's all the more sad because at the Hawkfest this year DB and family generously had a public wedding, allowing us to share their joy.
        What part of 'Get out of town, Freak' don't you understand?

Comment

I apologize for my vagueness L'E and Morgan.
          I edited the post to explain further.
          It is a sad time for Dave.
          The music is on hold.

Comment

Ah.
            Sad, and radiating warmth and dignity. I'm sure you can forward the sympathies that are/will be voiced here.
            L'E
            Google ergo sum

Comment

Working...
            X