Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Storm Constantine (1956-2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm Constantine (1956-2021)

Storm Constantine (1956-2021)

She wrote Silverheart (2000) with Michael Moorcock. Her short fiction has been collected in Colurastes (1995), Three Heralds of the Storm (1997), The ...

More...

Terrible news indeed, it seems that good writers are fast becoming a rare breed these days. My condolences to Storm Constantine's family and to Mike.
    Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

I have Silverheart but have never read it. Something I will need to correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
        I have Silverheart but have never read it. Something I will need to correct.
        Same here, I'm afraid. Just fetched my copy from the bedroom. This year, I really am going to read more books & spend less time fretting myself at the edges on the interweb.

65, far too young.

Comment

Came as a bit of a shock. I first picked up Calenture in the cancelled books of a local library. Then later I picked up The Fulfilments of Fate and Desire in a bookshop, and was hooked. The Wraeththu trilogy's full of gallows humour. Silverheart's good - you'll enjoy it. I've also read her Grigori trilogy - it's not as good, imo, as the Wraeththu trilogy. But it's still got its very good moments - Stalking Tender Prey starts out very, very atmospheric, and continues in the same vein - I remember being a bit disappointed by Stealing Sacred Fire. But, YMMV.

Still, ka pū te ruha, ka hao te rangatahi - The old net is retired, the new net goes fishing ... (to quote a Maori proverb that seems apt.)
          sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
          And incense the power of man with God
          But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
          And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
          by Peter Cape

Comment

Originally posted by Sir John Barbican Begg
            'A force to be reckoned with'– fantasy world pays tribute to Storm Constantine

I mainly knew her through Silverheart, her 2000 novel collaboration with Michael Moorcock. I had written my first novel, Hinterland, and struggled to ...

More...
            Post move failed: so a "quote" instead! Sorry Sir Barbican!

Comment

Working...
            X