Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

John Brosnan 1947-2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    It's true. I have an almost permanent sense of dread since Andrea's death. Some fourteen years ago I lost a lot of close friends, all of whom were great original creators, in a single year. It was altogether a pretty terrible year and began a fairly awful period for us. I'm not sure that ANY man's death diminishes me (though I am involved in humanity) but certainly the death of friends diminishes me. Friends represent memory as well as much else.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I knew and liked John. His problem was that he liked the bottle more than life. Poor Rob Holdstock, who remained a close friend, was the one who had to find that he was dead. John Clute's obituary in The Independent is the only one I know about.

Leave a comment:

• terryallenuk
    replied
    A week ago . I guess it wasn't reported much because I certainly missed it.

Terry

Leave a comment:

• Marca
    started a topic John Brosnan 1947-2005

John Brosnan 1947-2005

I've just come across news of the death of John Brosnan. There's an obituary here:

http://news.independent.co.uk/people...p?story=629834

I've posted the news here as I'm not sure if Mike ever had any contact with John. Berry, feel free to move it elsewhere if it's not relevant to Q&A.
Working...
X