Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Reported Death of Valued Contributor to MWM

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reported Death of Valued Contributor to MWM

I have just heard that Jerico of San Diego died suddenly. This is tragic news. He was a marvellous correspondent and will be much missed.
    We will give details as soon as possible.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Oh no, that's terrible. I can't believe it...
    \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

To All:

I received an email from a family friend of our esteemed member Jerricho, relating some very sad news. It was their wish to have this news related to the Moorcock website.

from family friend:

I am regretful to inform everyone that Jer has passed away. He died Tuesday
      evening (1-11-05). He was in excellent heath due to exercise and a healthy
      diet but he had not been tested for diabetes. A sudden onset sent him into
      the hospital on Monday, where his body crashed. This is one of the only
      mailing lists I have for him and thought that everyone should know. Please
      feel free to contact other people about this tragedy. If anyone has
      questions please e-mail me back(withheld). I would be appreciative if someone would
      contact the common message boards he used on line such as Michael Moorcock's
      and let others know about Jer's passing. Please let me know if you do this.

I have just received word that his parents are holding two viewings and a
      funeral for our dearest Jer.

VIEWINGS: Sunday 12pm-5pm
      Monday 4pm-8pm
      FUNERAL: Tuesday 11:30

It was also mentioned that Jer loved flowers. If you would like to send or
      bring flowers please do so. (I have the address)
      MJR:

Jerricho lived right around the corner from me, and was one of the most avid Moorcock readers and collectors I have ever met. We also met at the Pt. Reyes, CA reading in 2004. He was a valued member of this website and his contibutions will be sorely missed. I am physically shaken by this news. Rest In Peace my friend.
      \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

It is tragic. How old was he? Is there any way we can get some cash together between us to send flowers?
        \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

I will miss his witty, intelligent and incisive debate. I am a neophyte to this forum but this news has physically shaken me also. It is such a loss, like losing a friend in mid-conversation. We will miss him, but we can also celebrate the rich contributions he gave us, and doubtless his friends and family too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey_C
            It is tragic. How old was he?
            I'm pretty sure he was younger than you or me.

Originally posted by Mikey_C
            Is there any way we can get some cash together between us to send flowers?
            Good question. Something should be done.

We corresponded, and he was a nice guy. An ex-Marine, a guitarist,
            a bit of a wag. And a noble idealist in a curious way, who wanted to
            be a high school science teacher.

There's nothing really that can be said to make it any better. I never
            met him, although we lived in the same state -- 500 miles apart.
            Still, many of us have lost a friend.

When such things happen, John Donne was right...

Excuse me. I don't think I can do much more the rest of the day.
            Hard to concentrate over the tolling bell.

LSN

Comment

Confirmed

Jerico Radoc appears to have passed away. I contacted El Camino Memorial Park and confirmed that the viewings and funeral appointments are scheduled. There is a memorial service scheduled at Good Shepard Catholic Church on Tuesday at 10am. I was afraid that Jerico was a nom de plume, but as it turns out, it wasn't. I'm not inclined to doubt the authenticity of this report and I am saddened to lose a friend.

I would like to share this rememberance of Jer. MJR and Jer both came to the booksigning at Pt. Reyes Station where I met them both for the first time in real life. Jer was a very friendly and outgoing fellow and he was excited to be there. He got to ask his favorite author a couple of questions at the end of the reading. His excitement was genuine and we had a short conversation. He gave me his business card and left right after the signing. I regret that I didn't get to spend more time with him. I haven't read a lot of Jer's posts, because the weren't my kind of reading, but I did correspond with him via email and he was as warm, excited and friendly as he was at the signing. I also found that he was compassionate and had the tendency to coach me when I was obviously upset over all the Bush stuff. He tried to distribute a MWM based newsletter but stopped after a short time. His posting style was a deliberately experimental and purposeful and he has admitted to me that there is at least one other alias he has used here, but I don't know what it is, nor will I try to find out. This site was important to him and I know he made a lot of friends here.

RIP Jerico.

BTW, MJR, I got your email. Thanks.
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

How terrible! Hard to believe. We'll miss him.
                Google ergo sum

Comment

Mikey_C wrote:
                  It is tragic. How old was he?

I believe he was only 33 or 34...

Comment

I'd like to chime in on the flowers. I know flowers are appropriate, but they are so fleeting. I'd like to a Jerico Radoc Memorial Donation to Doctors Without Borders. Maybe in Jerico's death we can help touch the lives of the living in a way that reflects his touch in ours. The gesture is less fleeting. We can send a message to the church to pass on our intentions and condolences. Just a thought.
                    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

He was 34, I think. We chatted frequently on AIM. We even talked on the phone a few times. In fact, when he came to South Carolina to visit his girlfriend, he had plans to drive to to Savannah and meet me, but things didn't play out well on his visit, so I didn't get to see him. This is very sad indeed. I wish I had the money to send some flowers, but I'm unemployed right now and can't afford it.

Comment

It's tragic that he died so suddenly and so young. I didn't know him, other than through his posts here, but my thoughts are with his friends and family and all of the members of this forum that did know him.

Comment

Both Linda and I are very upset by this news. I think a donation to a charity would be appropriate and we will do that. In our case, I think we will also send flowers. I'm glad I got to meet him once and to shake his hand. He was a fine, humane spirit. All the more reason to keep his flame burning. Any good we can do in his memory we should do.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                          The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                          Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                          The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                          Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                            Both Linda and I are very upset by this news. I think a donation to a charity would be appropriate and we will do that. In our case, I think we will also send flowers. I'm glad I got to meet him once and to shake his hand. He was a fine, humane spirit. All the more reason to keep his flame burning. Any good we can do in his memory we should do.
                            How about an online memorial? We could all try to collect pictures and interesting quotes and such and put up a small site dedicated to his remembrance. I'd be willing and able to put the site together and host it on my domain.

Comment

This is disturbing to hear. I will miss him, and I wish all the best for his family and friends.
                              Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Working...
                              X