Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

New book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New book

Hello all. I have not posted here in a while, but I thought that you might be interested to hear that I just had a book published. It can be found at

http://www.virtualbookworm.com/merch...ode=POD_Action

I would appreciate it if you would check it out. Thanks.

Well done sir, is it your first book published? Always wanted to have a go at writing myself.

I suspect if I wrote a story it would probably be a story about a Hero who loses everything he holds dear to an aggressor with out mercy or conscience who when all is lost still fights back from the edge of darkness and eventually restores all what was lost before his own tragic, heroic death.

Is it true there are only 7 original, truely different stories? Something I think I heard at an Oscars.

Well anyway congratulations and I hope it does well. Is it intended to be a part of a trilogy or sequence of books?

Comment

I want to know how much of it your wrote at work! :lol:

But seriously, I am very interested in how effective sales go for you via virtual book worm. You wouldn't mind letting us know, would you? What about other distribution? You gonna get that in print eventually?
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

New book

Yes, this is my first book published, and it is intended to be the first of three. Actually, when I initially wrote it, I did not intend it to be a series or anything. When I was struggling with my next idea, I got an idea to build it into a series. The rough draft for #2 is almost done.

I wrote it all at home.

The book is in print, and it should be up at Amazon very soon. Press releases will be sent to hopefully build distribution. I'm going to see if I can get my local Borders and Barnes and Noble to stock it.

Virtualbookworm.com does publishing on demand. This keeps there costs down and allows them the opportunity to publish new writers. So check them out if you can. What a great opportunity to help out an indepenent publisher (didn't I read that somewhere?). And, I need some sales!

If the price looks a little high, I understand. But it is a trade style paperback and not mass market.

I'm hoping MM will check it out and give me his thoughts.

I'll definetly give you all an update if you're interested.

Comment

How long did it take Was it hard? Did you face trouble with the publishing rights etc Were you nearly conned, I fear that greatly.

Comment

How long did it take Was it hard? Did you face trouble with the publishing rights etc Were you nearly conned, I fear that greatly.

I'm assuming that you're referring to the publishing aspects, if not let me know.

The whole thing went pretty smooth. I heard about this company from a friend of mine who was published by them. They are a publishing on demand company, so that keeps their costs down. They have done an initial printing of my book, but I don't know how many units.

From when I submitted the manuscript to the publication, it was about 3 months. It would have been quicker, but I took about a month to make edits and I was not happy with the cover that they did.

I was a bit concerned when the accepted the manuscript in 3 days, but I talked with my friend, and he conversed with another author, and they have both been happy with Virtualbookworm.

They handled getting the ISBN#, Library of Congress, Ingrams Advance, getting on web sites (I'm on bordersstores, barnes and noble, bookamillion and amazon UK, DE, FR, CA but not yet US--I still need to get the cover and synopsis on the sites) and they will be doing press releases. They also did the cover (which I'm still not very happy with). They author has to pay for this up front, but from my understanding it is a pretty good deal.

So far I would recommend them to new writers. I have not heard any complaints and I haven't had any yet.

Please buy a copy for yourself and all your friends and neighbors.

Comment

Just an FYI to those who are interested. It is now up on Amazon. Everything is there expect the synopsis. Hopefully we'l get that corrected shortly.

Comment

Patrick:

Congratulations. I am very impressed! I checked out the book on Amazon, and I am looking forward to seeing a book description and some reviews. This is the second time I've come across the publishing-on-demand phenomenon. You're on the ground floor with this concept, and there is a lot to explore. I hope you will share with us what you have learned.

Would you mind contacting me via e-mail? [email protected] I'd like to ask you some questions about the process.

Good luck with the promotion!

CK

Comment

Sure thing. Sending you an email right now.

If you want to see the synopsis, it is up on the Virtualbookworm web site, virtualbookworm.com. The synopsis was also up on either booksamillion.com or barnes and noble. I don't remember which.

Comment

The synopsis is up on Amazon as is a review. It happens to be 5 stars. Strange how that happened.

Comment

So what are the 7 originall stories then? In the tennis ad on bbc it says 5. Im sure the one the corum mentioned he d like to write is one of them. Last chance hero perhaps?
                      Whats your new book about Patrick? What type?[/quote]

Comment

Congrats man!

Comment

So what are the 7 originall stories then? In the tennis ad on bbc it says 5. Im sure the one the corum mentioned he d like to write is one of them. Last chance hero perhaps?
                          Whats your new book about Patrick? What type?[/quote]

It's a fantasy. It's character driven. I hope that it's not like anything else. I actually haven't read too much fantasy of late. Of late I've mostly been reading non fiction along with the Jeff Shaara books (which I really liked). So I really have no idea what's going on in the field at this point. Most of what I read in the past I thought was junk, expect MM, Dennis Schimdt and JRR. I'd be interested to see what some others think of it. Thanks for your interest.

Comment

Mike, I would like to send you a copy of my book. Can you give me details of where to send it? You can email me at [email protected]. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X