Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

A E Van Vogt, Korzybski and Null-A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A E Van Vogt, Korzybski and Null-A

An estranged lover introduced me to The world of Null-A. To use the new semantics, it 'seemed' to be her favourite book. As he claims, a little arrogantly I feel in a follow-up novel Pawns of Null-A that he singlehandedly created the French Sci-Fi scene. A little rich I feel. i think the French could do that themselves. For instance you wouldn't say that you had singlehandedly created the British Sci-Fi scene though you are pehaps the greatest influence on it but you'll demur that I'm shewer.

If you have ever read it which as a prolific professional writer you may not have what do you think of his work?

:roll:

PS The Fire Clown. I really liked it, the underground city in Switzerland, the comic pronouncements of Manny Bloom and the way you wove politics in an easy to understand way and Sci-Fi. It seemed to have the same tone. Though I believe WoN-A was written in '47 whereas The Fire Clown was in '67 though I suppose the similarity I saw bewtween their contents may be because it was a book I had bought along with The Twilight Man which now I think of it has even more sameness(and Suzanne K langer's Symbolic Logic) when I met the aforesaid estranged lover that may have caused me to compare them.

Is it 50 or 70 years after that a novel can be co-opted? I have planned to make a multimedia gamette for the web to excise me of my estrangement and the Elsk she laid on me based on it.
    \'You know my destiny?\' said Elric eagerly. \'Tell me what it is, Niun Who Knew All.\'
    Niun opened his mouth as if to speak but then firmly shut it again. \'No,\' he said. \'I have forgotten.\'

A.E. 'Jules' Verne Vogt ? He was always a bit confused. He probably meant Canadian rather than French. He was Canadian, I think.
    Oddly, The Fireclown was based firmly on Disraeli's political novel CONINGSBY! I wrote it during the period I was writing political pamphlets and speeches for the Liberal Party! You're going to have to wait until 70 years after my death, I'm afraid. Unless we can work out a pre-deceased agreement... :)

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
      You're going to have to wait until 70 years after my death, I'm afraid. Unless we can work out a pre-deceased agreement... :)
      I didn't mean to imply your works, I meant AE Verne Vogt. I may not be alive then anyhow, unless I can get myself cryogenetically frozen.

\'You know my destiny?\' said Elric eagerly. \'Tell me what it is, Niun Who Knew All.\'
      Niun opened his mouth as if to speak but then firmly shut it again. \'No,\' he said. \'I have forgotten.\'

Comment

Alchemy anyone?

Maybe i'm just another whiner from holland, but i have a nice amount of practical experience with laboratory alchemy.
        Suppose i where to make something available to you guys and dolls that would mean you could continually physically rejuvenate?
        I am not asking any money.. But.. I do need a lab.. As my old gear has broken over time. so if any one of you know a way to get some laboratory gear then i am willing to listen.
        http://www.levity.com/alchemy/p-meliss.html

Comment

Working...
        X