Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Portrait of Mrs. Charbuque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cypher
    replied
    I have just finished reading 'The Portrait of Mrs. Charbuque', a superb read. I found it intriguing, compelling and very well written. It kept me guessing till the end.
    I have rushed straight out and bought 'The Physiognomy', which if I enjoy half as much, I will be well satisfied.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    I really like Ford. The Physiognamy uses familiar elements to really do something new. I also like the short stories in The Fantasy Writer's Assistant. Good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Very different, but just as original and very good.

Leave a comment:

• Bob
    replied
    Just read your review and totally agree. Is The Physiognomy as good a read, then?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I agree. If you check out Guardian.co.uk/books you'll find that I reviewed it a while back. I met Ford last month. Great guy, too.
    The review's also printed, in a slightly different form, in the forthcoming Wizardry and Wild Romance, in an appendix in which I recommend some contemporary writers, including VanderMeer and Bishop.

Leave a comment:

• Bob
    started a topic The Portrait of Mrs. Charbuque

The Portrait of Mrs. Charbuque

Has anyone read this rather fine book? I finished it earlier and it has to be one of the most refreshings reads I've had for a while. Jeffery Ford is certainly an author to keep an eye on! :)
Working...
X