Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

Apologies

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies

I've become a very tardy correspondent, I'm afraid. This is partly because it's hurting me a lot to type (O, Irony!) because my neuropathy worsened quite a bit over the last month or two and partly because the anti-pain drugs I'm taking have tended to make me lose concentration a bit. If you've written to me recently and not had a reply (or not had a lucid reply!) could I ask you to write again and let me know the context of why you're writing (i.e. if I promised to do something, remind me what I promised). Forgive me for sounding so pathetic. I fully expect to be back on form and out of pain in the next few weeks. My doctor is helping and she will arrange a meeting soon with a new pain management guy. I'm conscious of e-mail accumulating and commitments not being honoured, but it will help if I'm reminded! Meanwhile, many apologies.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

I am sorry to hear of your pain and troubles.

I hope that you feel better soon.

Hang in there,pard,and get well really soon!

Take care,Mike.

-JG

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Verry sorry to read that you are suffering Mike.
      take care

Comment

Sorry to hear this, Mike. Hope the neuropathy didn't impact too greatly on your and Linda's Christmas time. Best wishes for the outcome of the new pain management treatments.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Do whatever it takes Mike. Have you considered acupuncture or other alternative therapies?
          Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
          Bakunin

Comment

Apologies?
            Mike, we have to apologise if you felt you have to apologise. There's nobody out here who doesn't appreciate your tremendous, and generous, accessibility for your readers, fans and friends.
            Please get well and take your time at it.
            All the best
            L'E
            Google ergo sum

Comment

No apologies Mike,
              the most important thing is your health.
              Don't worry, you know our hearts are with you.

Take care.
              Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Originally posted by L'Etranger View Post
                Apologies?
                Mike, we have to apologise if you felt you have to apologise. There's nobody out here who doesn't appreciate your tremendous, and generous, accessibility for your readers, fans and friends.
                All the best
                L'E
                I agree,I was thinking the same,no need for Mike to apologize.

My prayers are with you!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by L'Etranger View Post
                  Apologies?
                  All the best
                  L'E

Mike,

I second the above.

I'll e-mail you as you requested, but I'm more concerned with your weal.

Best to you in all ways,
                  -K
                  Ani Maamin B'emunah Sh'leimah B'viyat Hamashiach. V'af al pi sheyitmahmehah im kol zeh achake lo b'chol yom sheyavo.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." - Phillip K. Dick

Comment

Mike

Probably like everyone else I assumed you'd just been busy over Christmas and New Year and hadn't had time to visit so it's a bit of a downer to hear you've been suffering in this way.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, and hope you are feeling better soon.
                    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Dear Mike,

hope you get well again soon and that you will be able to keep up your good work.

(Egoistical bastard that I'am, I just hope that you will write a lot of new books during the next years, so that I get something good to read )

Salutations,
                      Lord Bane
                      Sorry for the stupid nick, it's something personal...

Comment

Apologies

Hope you feel better, Mike. I haven't sent anything to you since before your birthday, so no worries. I'll touch base with you privately after a while.

Very best to you and Linda,
                        John
                        Website | Blog | Online Store

Comment

I'm with the others. There is no need for appology. We are eternally grateful for the time we get and even one reply in a thousand is more than many authors are willing to give.

Take as much time as you need to get well and get back to us as much (or little) as you're comfortable. Don't let a backlog of e-mails or questions worry you too much.
                          "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                          --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Hang in there Prof! You too Colinda!
                            Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

I hope everything goes well in the new year.
                              RR

Comment

Working...
                              X