Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Dense Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dense Auction

Michael says,

“I have it -- what about: “

آ· A Druillet oversize limited edition of Elric: The Return to Melnibone by Philipppe Druillet and Michael Moorcock, English language edition, signed, for min. bid $25.00
    آ· Casablanca,first edition, signed, London, 1989, we could sell for min. bid $30.
    آ· Opium General, first edition, also min bid $30.

To bid, post a message with your bid on the specific book you desire.

This auction is open to members and non-members alike. This auction has a long time period to give people the opportunity to budget for their bid. Also, Michael won’t return from New York until April 28th, 2004.

These books are not in a lot. They share the same thread, but each item is to be bid for separately.

All monies raised will go to the New Worlds Authors Fund. In the event of a tie, the winners will be informed and offered options. Checks should be made out to 'New Worlds Authors Account'. Anyone in any country can participate. The auction will end May 1st, 2004 at 12:00:00 AM EST. The winner of the auction has the post with the latest possible time stamp. A winning bid of April 30, 2004 at 11:59:59 would be the last valid timestamp. The computer upon which this website resides is set for Eastern Standard Time. The sender will provide shipping and handling. Please post your bid as a comment to this news article. This is a members-only auction. All books currently auctioned are intended to raise money to maintain sites and pay authors of pieces submitted to New Worlds and Fantastic Metropolis.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Opium General Opening Bid

I open the bidding with $30 for 'The Opium General.'

Is this one signed by the way?
    \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

Re: Opium General Opening Bid

Originally posted by MJR
      I open the bidding with $30 for 'The Opium General.'

Is this one signed by the way?
      I presume so. Those are his books you are bidding on. Once you are identified as a winner, then remember to pass along how you wish the autograph to be. I think he does requests. From Michael's hand to yours. No middle men.
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Hi Berry,
        I would like to bid $25.00 for Elric: The Return to Melnibone. Having a great time in Australia. Talk to you again when I get back.
        Ken
        Ken Boorman
        Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

Berry, what are the bid increments? $1.00? $5.00? I'd like to increase the bid on Opium General, but would like to know the increment first.

Thanks
          "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
          --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Originally posted by EverKing
            Berry, what are the bid increments? $1.00? $5.00? I'd like to increase the bid on Opium General, but would like to know the increment first.

Thanks
            Let's say the bid increments are by $1

Comment

Thank you.

$31.00 for Opium General
              "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
              --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Does this mean you have to bid up by $1 each time, or can I just jump it up a bunch?
                \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

I think you can go up a bunch but if you like, the lowest to bump it up is $1.

If you push it a lot higher the advantage is you make it too rich for some to go there. Or you can get there one dollar at a time.

Of course, what do they call those guys on eBay? Snipers? Guys who jump in at the last moments of an auction and bid a dollar or two over the highest bid. Not sure though. Never used eBay but a friend I have does.
                  When they had advanced together to meet on common
                  ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
                  and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
                  each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
                  mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
                  killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

$1.00 is the minimum bid increment.

Comment

Got it.....Thanks for clearing things up guys.

Opium General----I bid $55...

Comment

bid for, Elric: The Return to Melnibone.

Hello Berry,

I would like to bid $50 for, Elric: The Return to Melnibone.

Thanks very much
                        Nick

Comment

$51 for Elric: The Return to Melnibone.
                          Ken
                          Ken Boorman
                          Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

$ 60.00 for Opium General
                            Thanks.
                            "But I'm tryin', Ringo, I'm trying real hard to be the shepard."

Comment

I would like to increase my bid to $60 for, Elric: The Return to Melnibone.

Thanks,
                              Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X