Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

How do I go about getting a film made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I go about getting a film made?

Having read your Letters from Hollywood, in imtation, well at least the title, of Aldous Huxley in which you told of being employed to write a 'Treatment' I'm wondering what are the processes involved in getting people interested in making a film.

Specifically, Mythago Wood (or Rats & Gargoyles). Would I have to write a Treatment too? Also I'm not quite sure of copyright, but I do know I'd have to approach Mr Holdstock (or Ms Gentle). Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated as I'd really like to see those features in my lifetime.

Darren
    \'You know my destiny?\' said Elric eagerly. \'Tell me what it is, Niun Who Knew All.\'
    Niun opened his mouth as if to speak but then firmly shut it again. \'No,\' he said. \'I have forgotten.\'

If you let me have your email, I'll pass on your interest to both people.
    There was a movie of Mythago Wood in the works, which Sony had the rights for, as I recall. Associate Producer was Robert Gould. He was enthusiastic. But gradually the script got stripped of the very elements which made the book great and I'm not sure what happened in the end, since Robert left the company, I think dissatisfied with Hollywood by that time. I don't know the state of Rats and Gargoyles. You would, however, be expected to buy an option before you wrote a script. At least, that's true in most cases.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
      If you let me have your email, I'll pass on your interest to both people.
      I've now worked out how you include an email link. Thanks, that would be fantastic. To even drum up interest in making them possible would be really great!

And I'll keep 8O out for updates on Elric: The Movie

Regards to you, New York and Hilary.
      \'You know my destiny?\' said Elric eagerly. \'Tell me what it is, Niun Who Knew All.\'
      Niun opened his mouth as if to speak but then firmly shut it again. \'No,\' he said. \'I have forgotten.\'

Comment

Got the email link...

:roll:

Comment

Working...
        X