Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

San Antonio Says Thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Antonio Says Thanks!

Michael Moorcock visits San Antonio, TX on Feb.28, 2004, along with his lovely wife Linda, and also pop-culture guru Rick Klaw ( www.sfsite.com ) and young-gun illustrator & designer John Picacio ( www.johnpicacio.com ).

Michael has not made an appearance in San Antonio since 1997, and SA fans were sure glad to see him! The event took place at local independent Twig Bookstore ( www.thetwig.com ) and the small store was nearly bursting. Featured were MM's latest 'The Lives and Times of Jerry Cornelius' (for those who wondered, "where's Jerry?"), and Rick Klaw's 'Geek Confidential: Echoes From the 21st Century' (love books? love pop culture? love this!) with brilliant cover art by John Picacio. Originally, the featured Moorcock title was to be the revised 'Wizardry and Wild Romance'. However, this title will be delayed until about April. Look for it on the shelf at your local bookstore then. It will also feature an awesome Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse cover by Picacio.

This venue was great! Small, but cozy. Everyone was treated to readings, a little Q&A, some fun chat, and of course, autographing. I will go on the record as saying that this was one of the best signings I've attended. The environment of the independent bookstore makes signings like this more of a personal experience. Remember folks, support your local independent or it may disapear! I do, as much as possible, and I work in management at one of those big chains!

I, and I'm sure all who attended, would like to say "thanks" and give a big round of applause to the whole panel! But a special "Thank You" goes to Michael Moorcock! It's been about six and a half years since you been here, and we missed ya!

Cheers Pard!

Thomas Lightfoot

I can't say any more than Thomas said (and certainly not any better), but I will echo his thanks. The Twig is a great shop, and Rick, John, and Mike were all so very generous with their time, ideas, and, of course, their signatures.
    Another great day.

Support independent booksellers.

Comment

I too would like to echo the thanks expressed above. The San Antonio book signing was my first opportunity to meet Michael Moorcock after having read his books over the last 25 years, and I was very pleased with his graciousness, humor, and generosity.

As an added bonus, I learned about the existence of this website!

One thing that would be great, if possible, would be for upcoming signings or other personal appearances to be announced on the website. Particularly for those of us lucky enough to live in Mr. Moorcock's neighborhood, this would be great to know.

Many thanks once again,

Ben

Comment

Thanks, pards. We had a great time. A great bookstore, a great atmosphere and some good conversation. Made us want to come back as soon as possible!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
        The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
        The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

blank

Comment

Working...
          X