Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Band name permission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpaceBanana
    replied
    Done and not dusted

Well, I've put it on finally, although its not indexing properly (bloody google effect.... faffs up everything)

Just in case anybody is interested, the url is

http://www.archive.org/details/Jerry...on_Society_V.3

positive reviews welcome there! Negative reviews welcome here! Well, positive reviews welcome here too.... and if you want to post negative reviews there... well, I can't really complain, having put it up for public scrutiny

...nearly didn't notify anyone here about it going live, on the basis that:

a) I hate it when other people shamelessly advertise their online noodlings all over the place and

b) I'm faintly vulnerable to violently negative reviews.... I was put up to notifying on here by the other guy, honest

Leave a comment:

• SpaceBanana
    replied
    Thanks!

Thanks, Mike!

Flattery may be intended, but I'm afraid I'm not sure if our shambolic jamming is much of a worthy tribute.... there are several bits in the Condition of Muzak where (young) JC, Shakey Mo and others are in a band, and don't seem to do so well....

they'd probably blow us off the stage!

Anyway, I'll sort it out with the archive, where I'm sure we'll be well received

Cheers, and thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    No problem, pard. I'm flattered.

Leave a comment:

• SpaceBanana
    started a topic Band name permission?

Band name permission?

Hi Mike,

I’ve searched through the Jerry Cornelius bits, but the closest I can find for anything relating to this is about writing a short story, which is a slightly different issue…..

I’m planning on putting some music on the Audio Archive at the Internet Archive, which is a free music resource. It’s a very loose jam, with inexpert overdubs…. anyway, the band (such as it is…) has always been called the Jerry Cornelius Appreciation Society, so we’re largely planning on sticking with that…. what I want to know is, is it OK to actually call the band this if we’re sticking music on the web? We’re also tempted to do a Myspace page, but I’m not sure if we’ll ever get round to that….. as a matter of interest none of the songs directly refer to Jerry Cornelius, although we’d be tempted to do that in the future, if that would be OK….

Cheers!
Working...
X