Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Cover Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover Browser

Anyone else seen the Cover Browser site?

I found it while looking for some Interzone related material. There's lots of comics material there (Guy take note ) plus cover sets for New Worlds (from issue 1!) and Interzone.

I don't want to overshadow our own Image Hive of course, but thought people want want to take a look at these.
    Last edited by Marca; 11-24-2006, 07:18 AM.
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

I did notice that the New Worlds covers go out of sync with the captions at some point (e.g. 142 is labelled 143 etc). Nice pics though...
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Comment

Originally posted by Marca
      I did notice that the New Worlds covers go out of sync with the captions at some point (e.g. 142 is labelled 143 etc). Nice pics though...
      They seem to have been copied from VISCO (Visual Index of Science Fiction Art): http://www.sfcovers.net/mainnav.htm
      - the giveaway is the cover of NW #181

I sent VISCO a better scan of #181, but the site hasn't had an update for about a year now.
      Mike H.
      www.holli.co.uk

Comment

If you click on any of the images, it actually takes you to the VISCO site, so I'm not sure if they're affiliated in some way...?

Comment

If you click on any of the images, it actually takes you to the VISCO site, so I'm not sure if they're affiliated in some way...?
          Doesn't look like it from their 'About' page - though they list their 'Top cover sources'.
          Mike H.
          www.holli.co.uk

Comment

This is because they show both variant covers of issue 1, one of them labelled as issue 2, then "issue 3" is actually issue 2 (with the same cover as the second printing of issue 1).

Confused? You will be!

Thanks for pointing us to the Cover Browser site, Marca. Great fun!

Comment

Covers

Thanks as well, Marca, I had great fun browsing this site, although I don't really buy comics any more I still have a massive collection so some of the former enjoyment returned looking at this!!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

That 'Worst Album Covers' section is fantastic, particularly the weird Christian albums on the second page. I'd really like to hear some of them!

Comment

Working...
                X