Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Bay area reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampyro
    replied
    I hope you keep doing better with your health and I hope the signing went great Mike!

Leave a comment:

• Madrigal Rose
    replied
    Well, I'll be there in spirit- turns out my son has the night off tomorrow... and will be attending the reading!
    He'll be my eyes and ears, he will.

Moe's is such a cool bookstore- it's a shame that it will soon be just a memory, like so many others.
    Last edited by Madrigal Rose; 11-26-2006, 09:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lemec
    replied
    Happy Thanksgiving,Mike!

-Joe
    Last edited by lemec; 11-24-2006, 11:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lemec
    replied
    Hello Everyone!

I found this link to MOE'S BOOKS:

http://www.telegraphbooks.com/monday.htm

------------------------------------------------------------

November 27th, 7:30 PM
    "Featuring
    Michael Moorcock!"

http://www.telegraphbooks.com/
    Last edited by lemec; 11-16-2006, 08:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Cheers, pard!

Leave a comment:

• Marca
    replied
    Glad to hear the good news Mike. I missed the earlier posts in this thread and have only just caught up... wishing you both all the best, and take it easy.

Leave a comment:

• Miqque
    replied
    Did I mention this? Blasted senility. My pastor Marie had a real bout with arrythmia. Took three-four years and a whole bunch of meds (and a blasted pacemaker, but those are not necessary that often) to combat and finally resolve the heart beat. She's also a couple decades older than Linda, and of course I have no idea about comparative medical histories, but there is much hope in proper medications and treatment.

Hope is always the key!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Thanks, Rose! The tape arrived safely and I'm much looking forward to it.
    Linda's a lot better, though her arhythmia seems pretty permanent. She's on a blood thinner, just to be on the safe side, but otherwise is coping pretty well. Guess it's just a fact of life as you pass sixty. Neither of us, having enjoyed good health all our lives, really expected to be swallowing this number of pills, but at least we're still upright!
    Thanks, pards, for all your good wishes. Looks like we're passed for take-off. Really appreciate your kind words.
    Last edited by Michael Moorcock; 11-15-2006, 10:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Yeah, Iain Sinclair and I were talking about it. My theory is that there's some sort of miasma circling the globe...
    Anyway, I switched doctors and he's said it's fine for me to go, so I'll be at the reading at Moe's, 27th Nov!
    Feel a lot better with the new doctor. He makes much more sense. I have another appointment with him in December, but I'm confident I'll be okay by then. Nonetheless, this is going to be my regular orthopaedist from now on. He plays the guitar and cello, too...

Leave a comment:

• Miqque
    replied
    Dammit, Mike! Would you please keep your foot out of the garbage disposal!

Serious, I'm saddened by the setback. I have my own variety, which you know, and can only empathise with such mobility issues. Extremely annoying.

There seem to be a massive lot of people stuggling to maintain their health right now. Don't know if it's a zeitgeist, but I'm starting to suspect there may be some sort of common human stress that are knocking the underpinnings off personal health by affecting everybody's health globally. Maybe I'd be an amatuer epidemiologist, but there have been some odd trends like this I've spotted from time to time. It just seems like a pretty good time to reduce what stressors each of us have that might reduce some of this injury and illness nonsense. (Humans were made to function properly. When my body does not work to expectations {i.e., constantly} I tend to get annoyed with the manufacturer.)

Much support in your general direction, and I, too, would like to hear the latest on The Linda Report.

<- We're all waiting!

Leave a comment:

• Madrigal Rose
    replied
    Indeed, Mike, hang in there! David asked the same question I was wondering- how's Linda these days?
    Big Hugs to both of you!

Leave a comment:

• voilodian ghagnasdiak
    replied
    It is saddenning to know that you are sufferring Mike. Please stay strong and overcome this temporary setback.
    Best Wishes to yourself and Linda.

Leave a comment:

• white wolf's son
    replied
    Take Care

quick post, about to head for the plane but you take real good care of yourself, Mike, your health and family comes first, everybody should understand that.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Ditto. Hope your foot recovers quickly from this current setback, Mike. How is Linda faring? There were some concerns about her health before you left for Paris this summer. I don't think I saw whether they got resolved or not. Thoughts and prayers for you both in any case.

Leave a comment:

• Keele
    replied
    Best of luck Mike! Sorry to hear about your problems.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X