Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Bay area reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lemec
    replied
    That's terrible. I wish there was some way to correct the problem.

Mike, you should not worry about the event. You need to focus on your health.

It is horrible that there are surgeons out there, who operate like that.

Good Luck at the doctors, I hope you can get some good news there and better care.

I wish you well,and I'll send out my positive energy.

-Joe

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Thanks, Joe. This is always a potential problem but I must admit, having walked all over Paris this summer, I'd hoped it was over for a while. I guess I should have left well alone, but I was worried about a callous. Unfortunately, this aspect of the trouble all began in San Francisco, when a hacking surgeon exposed tendons which I then lost, causing all sorts of complications. When you have foot amputations, the problem is that the remaining bones begin to act in odd ways, sometimes piercing the flesh. While much of this pressure is offloaded by a shoe insert, sometimes correcting one problem can create another and that's essentially what's happened here. I'm planning to get a second opinion before I head West and meanwhile it's super-frustrating to have to stay off my feet again.

Leave a comment:

• lemec
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    I'm still going all out to make the reading, but today I had some bad news from the foot doctor. With luck, it will heal, being only a very small wound, but I DO have a small wound on my sole which means we've had to put off our departure date while it goes under observation. Meanwhile, I'm off my feet again, sadly. Watch this space.
    Mike,

I am very sorry to hear the bad news.

I hope the wound heals quickly.

I wish that you will be able to walk around with no problems.

I wish you a fast recovery,

-Joe

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I'm still going all out to make the reading, but today I had some bad news from the foot doctor. With luck, it will heal, being only a very small wound, but I DO have a small wound on my sole which means we've had to put off our departure date while it goes under observation. Meanwhile, I'm off my feet again, sadly. Watch this space.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    started a topic Bay area reading

Bay area reading

Here are the details for the reading/signing in Berkeley

Monday, November 27 at 7:30 PM

Free hors d'oeuvres and refreshments.

MOE'S BOOKS
    2476 Telegraph Avenue
    Berkeley CA 94704
    Reading Curator: Owen Hill
    Readers will be:
    Michael Moorcock
    Charlie Anders
    Mary Mackey
    Laura Moriarty
    Mercedes Sanchez
    MCs: Rusty Morrison & Ken Keegan

For more information about ParaSpheres: www.parapsheres.com.
Working...
X