Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Metatemporal Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lemec
    replied
    Hello,

I saw this blog and wanted to quote it on here, for all the readers to see.

It is a blog written by Lou Anders.

(complete list on http://www.louanders.com/blog.html )

Lou Anders wrote:

Top Ten List of Books I'd Be Reading Now If I Weren't Reading Other Books:

7. Anything by Michael Moorcock, but especially the new Elric Trilogy, The Dreamthief's Daughter: A Tale of the Albino, The Skrayling Tree: The Albino in America , and The White Wolf's Son: The Albino Underground .Recently, it has been my privileged to "have" to read a lot of Mike's fiction for "work," while collaborating with him on putting together the forthcoming book The Metatemporal Detective, a collection of stories featuring Sir Seaton Begg and Count Zodiac (sometimes known as Elric of Melnibone). And well, truth is that nothing makes me hungry for more Moorcock like Moorcock.I'm getting all geared up for Del Rey's upcomingg reissue of the original Elric saga, while enjoying some of Mike's more sophisticated works of the last decade or so - and the recent trilogy seems like the perfect blend of both worlds. Of course, blending worlds is what you expect from the creator of the multiverse.
    Home Page: http://www.louanders.com/home.php
    Last edited by lemec; 11-16-2006, 09:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Miqque
    replied

And if the sword ain't Black...

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Can't promise anything, pard. These stories have a habit of warping before my eyes. Those colour experiments in the Second Ether have much to answer for.

Leave a comment:

• Miqque
    replied
    Just please tell me the conclusion does not take place at the Reichenfront Ups!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Lou Anders (of Pyr) and I are working out the final order, which I'll announce here as soon as we have it. John Picacio will be doing the jacket.

Leave a comment:

• Sexton Blake
    replied
    Fantastic news!

I was, am and will be on the edge of my metatemporal seat. This is the volume I've been waiting for!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    John Picacio will also be doing the cover, continuing the relationship which started with his Mojo Press Behold the Man.

Leave a comment:

• lemec
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    Thanks, Lemec. That was quick. I hadn't known it was there. I'll come up with some more details when we've finally determined the reading order of the stories.
    You are most welcome,Mike!

Details will be oustanding! That will be a glorious book!

-Lemec

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Thanks, Lemec. That was quick. I hadn't known it was there. I'll come up with some more details when we've finally determined the reading order of the stories.

Leave a comment:

• lemec
    started a topic The Metatemporal Detective

Pyr-o-mania (Pyr) wrote:

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Very happy to announce that we'll be producing another book with the wonderful Michael Moorcock. We've just inked a deal for The Metatemporal Detective, a short story collection featuring Sir Seaton Begg, the multiverse's most famous metatemporal detective, as he battles his age-old enemy Count Zodiac (sometimes known as Elric of Melnibone) across the infinite moonbeam roads of the multiverse. The book will include an original tale, "The Flaneur of the Arcades d'Opera," to provide a concluding note to the detectives battles with his arch foe.

Moorcock says, “The world of the stories is mostly set against a London where electric trams and other electric vehicles are the norm, where the internal combustion engine doesn't exist, where mounted tram robbers ply 'the lines'. New Orleans is run by a mysterious people who seem to speak a form of French patois and are called the Machinoix. And in the American set stories there are pools of 'colour' which are the power sources, while in Biloxi the Biloxi Fault threatens to blow up the world and the Mississippi is running backwards. We are never entirely sure, however, if these are the same world or intersecting 'planes' of the multiverse. As in the Cornelius stories, that's up to the reader to decide.”

More details - cover artist etc... - as they become available.

From these Links and Pages:

http://pyrsf.blogspot.com/2006/10/me...detective.html

http://www.pyrsf.com/index.html
Working...
X