Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Sojan and the Lost Story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Interesting. I don't remember any of that, except Jim's illustration!

Leave a comment:

• Marca
    replied
    Dick also mentioned that he took over the reins of Burroughsania for a few issues (retitled Burroughsiania) after you passed the title over to him. He sent me one of the couple of back covers he has left from the first issue he did around 1960, with a Cawthorn drawing from The Broken Sword. He reckons there were only about 20 copies of that particular issue produced, which featured an article of yours on the work of L Sprague De Camp.
    Last edited by Marca; 11-04-2006, 02:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Give Dick my best. I don't have most of those TARZANs myself. I gave all mine to a neighbour's children who were in quarantine when I was working at Sexton Blake. All the stories were collected of course in SOJAN. I don't imagine I wrote a Sojan with that title.
    Last edited by Michael Moorcock; 11-02-2006, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Marca
    started a topic Sojan and the Lost Story?

Sojan and the Lost Story?

Mike, I recently made contact with Richard ('Dick') Ellingsworth via ebay, when I bought an issue of Tarzan Adventures off him. I naturally asked him about his Sojan collaboration with you, which was the result of a story competition run in TA. Richard was the winner and his story (Rens Karto of Bersnol) appeared in the magazine, with some revisions, under both your names.

Apart from having the story in TA, and being paid for it, Richard also won a prize - an original Sojan manuscript. An item in an earlier issue of TA stated that the manuscript was for Sojan and the Plain of Mystery, but Richard's recollection was that it was actually an unpublished Sojan story called something like 'Sojan and the Pan Pipes' (?).

Sadly the manuscript is long gone, Richard thinks it was given away to a scouts jumble sale by his mother with a pile of comics (!). I doubt you'll be able to recall much about all this yourself so many years later, but I wondered if you could shed any light on the issue of the Sojan manuscript, whether it was an unpublished one or not?

By the way, Richard just sold the issue with the Rens Karto story in it, which I also won, and he was kind enough to sign it for me.
Working...
X