Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

RPG Licensing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPG Licensing

Hello Mr. Moorcock,

This is probably none of my business, but does your agreement with Chaosium extend to future versions of the Eternal Champion series/multiverse or recent Elric novels?

It looks like Chaosium hasn't done much with it in a while, and I've always fantasized about some aspect of your multiverse getting a contemporary RPG treatment, with all the trimmings. This interests me as someone who plays these games and as a freelance RPG writer.

On that note -- and please, note that this is still mostly idle fantasy, as I don't have two dimes to rub together to approach your representatives about it -- would you ever license a commerical game based on your later work -- or on your concepts, as interpreted as an RPG design? I know that you've been very kind to homages and other work in your universe (a la "Go ask Elric") in the past, but it's been fiction. Are your criteria different for games?

I've thought of at least one idea, and I'm wondering whether to consign it to fantasyland for good or, after working on a project of my own, scraping together a plan and talking to you about it a couple of years from now.

The Very Best,

Malcolm Sheppard

Re: RPG Licensing

Originally posted by Malcolm S.
    Hello Mr. Moorcock,

This is probably none of my business, but does your agreement with Chaosium extend to future versions of the Eternal Champion series/multiverse or recent Elric novels?

It looks like Chaosium hasn't done much with it in a while, and I've always fantasized about some aspect of your multiverse getting a contemporary RPG treatment, with all the trimmings. This interests me as someone who plays these games and as a freelance RPG writer.

Malcolm Sheppard

Having seen the outright war that ensued over the chaosium/MM contract and not wishing to bring it all up again can I ask if there are any plans for a completely new Elric/Multiverse RPG to be produced by a different company?

Comment

Working...
    X