Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Mike's Forthcoming Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE -- COVER STORY: THE ART OF JOHN PICACIO

Hi, Joe --

Thanks to you and Mike for the kind words.

To answer your question, there is no special edition planned for my art book. MonkeyBrain printed the dustjackets, and then decided not to do a special edition of the book. The abridged version of the story is that the publisher and the distributor miscommunicated during the solicitation stage and the distributor never solicited orders for the special edition. So with no orders in place, the publisher decided to scrap plans for the special edition. The good news is the hardcover trade edition is selling very well.
    Website | Blog | Online Store

Comment

One more thing

Just want to add one other thing --

I noticed a few readers weren't familiar with me, and that's perfectly fine. For any folks that are curious, here are a couple of resources for your perusal:

My website:

http://www.johnpicacio.com/index2.html

A brief interview with me at Barnes & Noble.com (dated spring 2006):

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...ly=ITV&z=y#ITV

Another short interview here at RevolutionSF, conducted by Rick Klaw (dated July 2006) / (also a small gallery and a review of COVER STORY):

revolutionsf.com [broken link]
      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 04:10 AM.
      Website | Blog | Online Store

Comment

Originally posted by John Picacio
        Hi, Joe --

Thanks to you and Mike for the kind words.

To answer your question, there is no special edition planned for my art book. MonkeyBrain printed the dustjackets, and then decided not to do a special edition of the book. The abridged version of the story is that the publisher and the distributor miscommunicated during the solicitation stage and the distributor never solicited orders for the special edition. So with no orders in place, the publisher decided to scrap plans for the special edition. The good news is the hardcover trade edition is selling very well.
        Hello John,

Thanks! It is an honour to hear from you!

I really love your artwork.

Thanks so much for the explanation!

I am happy to hear that the book is selling!

Good Luck!

-Joe

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

BookPeople has signed copies in stock, Joe. I'm not sure if that is what you would get if you order from them (www.bookpeople.com), but you may be able to request one...

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
            BookPeople has signed copies in stock, Joe. I'm not sure if that is what you would get if you order from them (www.bookpeople.com), but you may be able to request one...
            Hello Doc,

Thanks very much!

That sounds really good,I will have ask them if an autographed copy is available.

I probably will order one this month.

That's cool, it will be much better to buy one from them. :)

-Joe

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
            - Michael Moorcock

Comment

more illustrations

i hope this new editions have more illlustrations inside the book kinda like c.s lewis's narnia n the lord of the rings trilogy

Comment

Mike I very much enjoyed the Mayflower editions artwork by Bob Haberfield and agree it helps initially to attract the potential buyers to your work.

Comment

Working...
                X