Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Luther Arkwright optioned for TV production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News: Luther Arkwright optioned for TV production

Fans of award-winning comic creator Bryan Talbot‘s ground-braking graphic novel series Luther Arkwright will be delighted to hear that British TV production company Three River Studios (The Great Martian War, Trackers) has optioned the rights to develop, finance and produce a live action, returnable TV series.

(A “returnable” series is one producers hope will prove long running, over multiple seasons, as opposed to a limited mini series).
    https://downthetubes.net/?p=126595&f...FTdOG9Lejcv1IY

Also here (with more of a Moorcock-influence vibe):
    https://bleedingcool.com/tv/bryan-ta...-as-tv-series/

Bryan Talbot is a fantastic comic creator. I've got a copy of his excellent, Alice in Sunderland, which was a very lucky find. This Arkwright adaptation sounds great. Talbot was always happy to acknowledge the influence of Mike & Jerry Cornelius, too.

There's a nice interview, for example, over on the SciFi Pulse site, from way back in 2009, when he was promoting his then new graphic novel, Grandville:

Comics Interview: Bryan Talbot Discusses Grandville & Luther Arkwright.

Comment

I’ve long argued that TAOLA is the single greatest British Graphic novel ever made so I hope the TV adaptation does it appropriate justice. It’s a shame Nicolas Roeg is no longer with us to direct a few episodes.
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
        I’ve long argued that TAOLA is the single greatest British Graphic novel ever made so I hope the TV adaptation does it appropriate justice. It’s a shame Nicolas Roeg is no longer with us to direct a few episodes.
        I guess I'm shuddering with fear of eventually seeing inappropriate injustice done to the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Heresiologist View Post

I guess I'm shuddering with fear of eventually seeing inappropriate injustice done to the story.
          I'm sure I don't know what you might mean. COUGH!!!The WatchCOUGH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresiologist View Post

I must admit I'm not massively optimistic. I'm not convinced it needs to be a TV series, but I guess we'll see.

Comment

Working...
            X