Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Colonel Pyat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonel Pyat

Was the Pyat quartet intended to be set in the multiverse that is the backdrop for other works? I only ask because of the reuse of names like Von Bek and Cornelius.

I would say, in so far as any fiction can be set in our world then the Pyat novels are, but that our world, which of course is a fiction, is part of the multiverse.

Comment

Hi Mike. Iirc, Colonel Pyat first appeared in the Jerry Cornelius stories as the owner of shop in Ladbroke Grove, then Mike took him and wrote the Between the Wars stories about him later.
      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island View Post
        Hi Mike. Iirc, Colonel Pyat first appeared in the Jerry Cornelius stories as the owner of shop in Ladbroke Grove, then Mike took him and wrote the Between the Wars stories about him later.
        And of course all of the different versions of people in Jerry’s world address questions of identity, including who people “really” are. As I recall, Pyat’s versions of himself are far different than Jerry’s version of him intentionally.

Comment

Working...
        X