Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The “Stormbringer” Sessions: Sketches For A Graphic Novel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News: The “Stormbringer” Sessions: Sketches For A Graphic Novel

Very few copies available. See link for details:
    https://moorcography.org/the-stormbr...KOm_deVzEZfLpc

Jayde Design (in association with Savoy Books) proudly presents The Stormbringer Sessions: Sketches For a Graphic Novel by James Cawthorn.

Elric of Melniboné — proud prince of ruins, kinslayer — call him what you will. He remains, together with maybe Jerry Cornelius, Moorcock’s most enduring, if not always most endearing, character…

This book is not a finished graphic novel, as such. Neither is it merely a book of rough sketches.

While organising the late, great James Cawthorn’s archive for deposit at Oxford University’s world-renowned Bodleian Library, two boxes were discovered labelled “Stormbringer Roughs” and “Stormbringer Strip Photocopies”. In combination, they comprised a complete set of the artist’s incredibly detailed preliminary sketches for an ultimately unrealised, brand-new graphic adaptation — some two hundred and fifty pages, in total — of Moorcock’s classic Elric of Melniboné novel, Stormbringer.

Entirely unpublished previously, that is what this book is…

A “work of powerful and sustained imagination” and the “most perfect collaboration between artist and writer that there has ever been”.

It should be noted that the book’s afterword, by Savoy Books co-founder David Britton, was his last completed piece of writing before his death in December 2020 (q.v., although there is one final novel left to be published posthumously).

The Stormbringer Sessions: Sketches For A Graphic Novel by James Cawthorn.

An image of what it looks like on my television table.

Pictures can not do it justice, and to actually feel the pages and see how large the art is, is awesome!

If I gather up any more books of this size & mass, I'm going to have to start wearing a mechanical steam driven exoskeleton around here to carry them from room to room!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Sounds fab! Don't know when my copy will arrive. Perhaps the postie is struggling with the weight!

Comment

Working...
      X