Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Does Michael read this forum? and a request.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Michael read this forum? and a request.

Hi admins. Does Michael read this forum or possibly post?
    I've been a huge MM fan since I was a teenager in the 80s. Thanks Mike for some great reads and keeping me sane in my younger days.

I have cancer now and don't know how long I have, as it's spread over my body.

I would really love a hello and goodbye from Mike, But I understand if it's not possible.

Anyway, thanks for all the great novels and wonderful reads I've had of your work.

Very, very sorry to hear this danskmacabre. I hope the good bits of life still outshine the bad.
    I don't think Mike has been back to the multiverse since the recent reboot.
    He does post on Facebook quite a lot though as Jeremiah Cornelius, mainly in the group The Many Worlds of Michael Moorcock: a fan page

Comment

So, so sorry to hear this awful news danskmacabre. I hope you can enjoy what time you have and I'm sure we can try to let Mike know you'd like to speak.
      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Grim news, danskmacabre. Sad to hear it. My Dad died of a similar cancer - non-specific, throughout the body. It's not something I'd wish on anyone.
        sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
        And incense the power of man with God
        But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
        And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
        by Peter Cape

Comment

Originally posted by danskmacabre View Post
          ...I would really love a hello and goodbye from Mike, But I understand if it's not possible..
          Do you have a Facebook account danskmacabre? IF so, then Mike could contact you via at route. If not, he'll think of something!

Comment

Hi all. Thankyou so much to whoever got in contact with Mike.
            He Emailed me a very kind and touching email to what I have replied.

It really does mean a lot to me and is a big thing on my bucket list of things to do before I check out!. :)

Comment

And thankyou to everyone who sent PMs of sympathy. I really helps.

Comment

DM, I am extremely sorry about the situation. I don't know what else to say, man.
                "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
                "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

danskmacabre , so sad to hear this, man. Cancer is something that has such a massive impact on so many and I am among them. I wish you and yours all the best and can only hope the time you have left is peaceful and full of love.
                  "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                  --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

I read this topic. Recognised the name & avatar (wee picture). Remember you from back in the day. Posts, always worth reading.

Comment

So sorry to hear about the cancer. I wish you all the best. I’m glad Mike got in contact with you.

Comment

Best wishes for your health danskmacabre
                        Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

I hate cancer and I hate this for you and those you love. I hope the time left is long and filled with love.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your cancer. I wish you all the best for the time you have left.
                            Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Hi all.
                              So I'm on a trial of new treatment which is a combo of Immunotherapy and Chemo (3 different drugs) now.
                              The trial runs for a year and it might work.
                              It should extend my life somewhat at the very least.
                              The drugs make me feel nauseous and other side effects, but hey, gonna see how things pan out.

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes. Remaining positive and enjoying life as much as possible for as long as it lasts. :)
                              Last edited by danskmacabre; 11-15-2020, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X