Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

A mention of Mike at the Hugos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc
    replied
    Or you just don’t pay attention to awards. Haha. I have award winning books from 2015 in my to-read
    pile, so it does me almost no good to pay attention to them.

And Ted Chiang deserves all the awards.

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    I am getting old. I say that because I am not really paying attention to who has been awarded Hugos or Nebulas. I see that Ted Chiang got one.

Leave a comment:

• Heresiologist
    replied
    Originally posted by Doc View Post
    Thanks for that, Heresiologist! ...
    Cheers. If it's any further help, I've seen chatter that RF Kuang's and especially Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone's acceptance speeches were quite good, even uplifting.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Thanks for that, Heresiologist! And agreed on tone. Not at all shrill.

Leave a comment:

• Heresiologist
    replied
    This link will take you to the start of Jeanette Ng's speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yGP...outu.be&t=4367

Personally, I don't find her voice shrill at all.

Note to the Fox: I tried embedding the vid, but it looks like maybe the short code ignores all but the first query string value.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    That’s it! You truly are a links lynx...

Leave a comment:

• Kymba334
    replied
    Originally posted by Doc View Post
    Jeanette Ng, whose speech at let year’s Hugo’s was part of getting the John W. Campbell Award renamed to the Astounding award, mentioned Mike in an acceptance speech this year, giving him credit for calling out Campbell’s fascism and it’s negative impact on SF.

Having trouble with the link, but you can find it on The Guardian’s site, in the book section where they covered the Hugo’s.
    Sometimes i can be like a lynx when hunting for links - this might be the one : https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...nline-ceremony

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    started a topic A mention of Mike at the Hugos

A mention of Mike at the Hugos

Jeanette Ng, whose speech at let year’s Hugo’s was part of getting the John W. Campbell Award renamed to the Astounding award, mentioned Mike in an acceptance speech this year, giving him credit for calling out Campbell’s fascism and it’s negative impact on SF.

Having trouble with the link, but you can find it on The Guardian’s site, in the book section where they covered the Hugo’s.
Working...
X