Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Forum is back but who is back ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum is back but who is back ?

Hi, so happy to see the forum back, man, because I have missed it so much during these years. Of course, I have created a MM forum on Goodreads trying to cope with the immense void the miscellany had left, but it has never been the same. I hope to meet all the old friends back again.
    "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
    "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

I'm here. I never really got the hang of the discussions over at Goodreads and even the Facebook group is a little dodgy at times. Nothing really compare(s/d) to this Forum format and I am happy it is back!
    "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
    --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

I'm so happy to see this forum back, and it's really nice to see some old friends back here in the Multiverse! I look forward to catching up with all of you and continuing discussions where we left off...cheers!
      "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
      'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

I can't believe it! Thanks to everyone who has brought this wonderful place back to life. Looking forward to more good discussions.

Comment

I wonder if Mr Schwarzenegger is around somewhere? The Machinox and their games eh?

Comment

I am also here. I’m so happy this forum is back up and running. I missed it so much. Great start into 2020.
            Last edited by fammann; 01-01-2020, 11:48 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Would love to see thingfish's cheery voice again, and Mike's no nonsense comments, and the like. Where is everybody?
              sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
              And incense the power of man with God
              But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
              And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
              by Peter Cape

Comment

It's so nice seeing more familiar faces returning!

Comment

Originally posted by In_Loos_Ptokai View Post
                  Would love to see thingfish's cheery voice again, and Mike's no nonsense comments, and the like. Where is everybody?
                  I'm with you there! I've been trying to track down thingfish and see he's still rocking with his band Bravado. They even have an album out, which I must check out!

https://bravado2.bandcamp.com/

If anyone can get a hold of him over on Facebook (I'm not on Facebook myself, otherwise I would) and let him know that the old forum is back that would be great.

Comment

Does anybody know if Mike will be back on this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by fammann View Post
                      Does anybody know if Mike will be back on this forum?
                      He is aware of its revival thanks to discussion on the Facebook group. I know that he has been ill and is currently having computer trouble to boot (har! that was unintentional) so I am not surprised that he hasn't yet dropped by. I expect he may swing by eventually as we build up steam again but whether he will ever be as active as previous, I cannot say.
                      "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                      --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

I have returned as well to the swirling Multiverse. I might have been here sooner, but my main computer is broken too, a new system and set-up will arrive sometime, for me to log in with and use to navigate The Moonbeam Roads, and all it's fantastic locations. I think that I'll stop by the Mirenburg Inn some evening!!!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec View Post
                          I have returned as well to the swirling Multiverse. I might have been here sooner, but my main computer is broken too, a new system and set-up will arrive sometime, for me to log in with and use to navigate The Moonbeam Roads, and all it's fantastic locations. I think that I'll stop by the Mirenburg Inn some evening!!!
                          Welcome back.

Comment

Welcome back Lemec!
                            "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
                            "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

I'm back!

Was just looking through some of the Mornington Crescent games, and remembering a time when I was altogether younger and more flexible
                              Last edited by Tom Murphy; 01-10-2020, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X