Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Greetings, Michael Moorcock...I bear questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings, Michael Moorcock...I bear questions...

Greetings Michael Moorcock, you are my favourite fantasy author! I have read many of your books over and over again... The Elric Saga is by far my favourite... I love the way you made the main character Elric, unique. Usually the characters in additional fantasy books aren't quite as unique as the ones you come up with. In my opinion, you have the biggest and most magnificent imagination than any other fantasy writer I know of! I pray that you continue writing, for your books have allowed me ease when I needed it... They have also made me put away other things that take up my time adn instead, sit down and read... No other book has ever done that!
    My dream is to become a famous fantasy writer, your profession at becoming famous on your first book has given me the confidence! Doubts have endangered my mind in the past, though... Right now I am in the process of writing my first book! Hopefully I'll get somewhere by writing... Perhaps I'll become famous and continue writing as a career...
    If you don't mind, could you please answer a few of these questions?

1. Are you going to continue writing?

2 What ever became of Shaarilla In The Wierd Of The White Wolf?

4. How did you get your ideas on Elric and you did you come up with his uniqueness?

5. I know that some writers give their main character their own personality... Did you happen to base one of your characters on yourself? Did you base one of your characters on another person?

I thank you for your time and hope that you can answer some of these questions that I have been wanting to ask... Congradulations on your profession for writing your latest book! I thank you for taking your time in writing books for your fans, who still adore you!

I fair thee well... Jennifer
    They're all true... Especially the lies.

Thanks for writing! Here's some answers to your questions:

1. Yes, I intend to keep writing. I recently wrote a short Elric story which will be published next year. It concentrates on Elric's character and is called A PORTRAIT IN IVORY.
    2. I think Shaarilla went back to her own people.
    3 (4) Elric's feelings resonated with my own at the time. He was an expression of the 'me' of circa 1960. The idea of making him a kind of albino (not a real albino -- they don't have red eyes) came from a favourite boyhood villain of mine from the Sexton Blake stories. Zenith the Albino.
    There is a Zenith novel fairly recently reprinted by Savoy for which I did an introduction and helped find illustrations of Zenith. There are quite a few mentions of him if you google for Savoy Books or Zenith the Albino. Some of the other stories have appeared on the BLAKIANA website.
    5. Several of my characters represent aspects of myself, including Joseph Kiss, Mrs Gasalee and David Mummery in MOTHER LONDON.
    Hope this answers all your questions!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I appreciate it that you took the time for answering my questions, thank you so much!

I fare thee well, Jennifer
      They're all true... Especially the lies.

Comment

Working...
      X