Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Hidden Variable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hidden Variable

Hello. My name is Chris Ewen. I’m a friend of Neil Gaiman’s & Peter Straub's, and am writing to contact Mr. Moorcock about the possibility of his participation in a new musical project of mine called The Hidden Variable. The idea is to write music to lyrics contributed by cool "genre fiction" authors whose work I love and admire (Mr. Moorcock definitely falls into this category...his books have kept me up past my bedtime on many occasions!), and have the songs sung by a stellar cast of vocalists. Confirmed so far: Neil Gaiman, Peter Straub, China Miأ©ville, Daniel (Lemony Snicket) Handler, Caitlin R. Kiernan, Poppy Z. Brite, Charles de Lint, Gregory Maguire, Steven Brust and Martha Soukup.

I'm the composer/instrumentalist of the electronic pop band Future Bible Heroes, along with Stephin Merritt (lyrics, vocals) & Claudia Gonson (vocals) of The Magnetic Fields. We're currently signed to Instinct in the US & Circus (Universal) in the UK, and have recently released our second full length cd "Eternal Youth" as well as an ep, "The Lonely Robot", with remixes by Soft Cell and Daniel Miller, founder of Mute Records. A recent description of us: “Future Bible Heroes are the Electro-Pop-Hula-Goth saviours. Open your hearts and let the blood flow.� Our website: www.futurebibleheroes.com.

I've also recently composed and performed the title music for Neil Gaiman's forthcoming film "A Short Film About John Bolton".

If this arouses Mr. Moorcock's curiosity, I'd be happy to send him our most recent cds, so he'd have an idea of what he's walking into. I'm hoping to make a slightly creepy, mysterious and beautiful album, and would be honored and delighted if he has the time and inclination to consider this.
Working...
X