Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Michael Moorcock in Hungarian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock in Hungarian

Hi all!

Let me introduce myself. I am the editor of the Hungarian publishing house Delta Vision that has started a Moorcock series. Some of Michael's books have been published earlier in Hungarian by different publishers - we plan to bring all multiverse books to Hungarian readers in one long series. They have waited far too long for them.
    The first book in the new-old series is The Eternal Champion, with cover art done by Kira Sلnta. Translation is by Katalin Héjj.

About the Hungarian edition of The Eternal Champion: http://www.deltavision.hu/index.php?m=0&cikk=821 (in Hungarian, sorry)
    The cover art can be found in Kira Sلnta's gallery:
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/35423516/
    Book design is by Gلbor Csigلs (interesting sidenote: he is not only a good graphic designer but a very talented Hungarian dark fantasy writer as well):
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/31808322/

And it might be interesting...
    The Hungarian language bibliography of Michael Moorcock is so far:
    1. A sِtét folyosَ (The Dark Corridor) – Kozmosz Fantasztikus Kِnyvek, Mَra 1976
    2. Harcikutya (The Warhound and the World s Pain) – Mَra 1991
    3. Corum kardjai (3 novels in one book: The Knight of the Swords, The Queen of the Swords, The King of the Swords) – Tلjfun 1992
    4. A Bika és a Dلrda (The Bull and the Spear) – Amon 1995
    5. Melnibonéi Elric (Elric of Melnibone) – Valhalla 1993
    6. Az Igazgyِngy Erődje (The Fortress of the Pearl) – Valhalla 1996

Short stories in Hungarian:
    حme az ember! (Behold the Man) - Metagalaktika 4. mلsodik kِtet 1983
    Kِrnyezet (Environment Problem) - Rْna 1995. Jْlius
    Utolsَ hيvلs (The Last Call) - Rْna 1995. Jْlius
    Kلosz Ura (Master of Chaos) - Rْna 1994. Mلrcius
    Kirلlyok Sِtétben (Kings in Darkness) - Osiris füzetek 2. szلm 1995

Next books will be Phoenix in Obsidian and Gloriana. I will post about them when they come out, the cover art of Gloriana will be something worth to see. We are so lucky to have Kira as an artist on the series.

Best regards,

Csilla Kleinheincz

Ez jَ hيr! Kِszِnِm, Csilla! (Good news! Thank you, Csilla!). Finally some of my relatives who prefer to read in Hungarian, will have a chance to read some Moorcock!

Please keep us updated

Here's, by the way, the old cover of Elric of Melniboné:

Comment

I'll also spread the word among people I know!
      L'Etranger
      Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by Csilla Kleinheincz
        Next books will be Phoenix in Obsidian and Gloriana. I will post about them when they come out, the cover art of Gloriana will be something worth to see. We are so lucky to have Kira as an artist on the series.

Looks great!

Comment

Incredible Cover!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Finally found it in all its glory:

Last edited by Oren; 09-21-2006, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Lovely work! And the Eternal Champion cover is great too.

Comment

Oh, you were real fast, Oren! :)

Yep, that's the cover.

Comment

Oh, you were real fast, Oren! :)

Yep, that's the cover.

Csilla, does the Hungarian edition of Gloriana contain a translation of the original penultimate chapter or of the revised one? Or maybe both versions as in the latest US edition?

Comment

Csilla, does the Hungarian edition of Gloriana contain a translation of the original penultimate chapter or of the revised one? Or maybe both versions as in the latest US edition?
                    It contains both, as well as the translation of the lyrics from the Gloriana musical (those were really nice) and Michael Moorcock's foreword (plus a short afterword on the Hungarian translation).

:)

Comment

Don't forget to send us high quality pics of the covers to add to our Image Hive, Csilla.
                      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

It contains both, as well as the translation of the lyrics from the Gloriana musical (those were really nice) and Michael Moorcock's foreword (plus a short afterword on the Hungarian translation).
                        As a friend of mine (wearing a black helmet) once said: Impressive... most impressive!

Comment

That Gloriana cover is superb. It would be nice to see it grace one of the English language editions one day.
                          'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Since this thread began, Delta Vision have released three further Moorcock novels in Hungary. I've created a Hungarian album in the Image Hive which contains copies of all five DV covers (plus the earlier Elric above).
                            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Thanks David, I'd completely forgotton about this thread.

I've added the wraparound of 'Gloriana' which Oren posted above, as well as one of 'The Eternal Champion', and made a few other adjustments. Some very nice covers there.
                              You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Working...
                              X