Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Portobello.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnDavey
    Eternal Companion
    • Jan 2004

Portobello.

Dear all,

There's something called the Portobello Film Festival running in London at the moment -- www.portobellofilmfestival.com -- and on Friday, 18th August, Jenny Runacre is introducing a showing of 'The Final Programme', plus Nik Turner and his version of Hawkwind are apparently playing the whole of 'The Space Ritual' live.

Please note that these are the details as I was given them. I cannot vouch for their accuracy. It's gonna have to be up to you to double-check.

Best,

John.
  • Marca
    Eternal Champion
    • Aug 2004

Sounds very interesting. If I was in London, I would be there. Hope someone can make it and report back... (Guy maybe?)

Are you going John?
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

• zilch
      Hisashiburi
      • Aug 2006

You can get The Final Program on DVD, it's a strange movie.
      http://final-frame-final.blogspot.com/

Comment

• voilodian ghagnasdiak
        Warrior On The Edge
        • Jun 2006

Mike M. Wrote
        Did anyone get there ? I gather Nik was appearing as Space Ritual, not doing Space Ritual.
        I wasnt there Mike as Im in Canada, but I surely would have been there if I lived in The UK.Yes it was Nik's band Space Ritual, but I havent found a set list as of yet.I cant imagine it being the entire Space Ritual show that Hawkwind did in 73.
        Space☆Ritual played a storming set to a packed Inn On The Green in Ladbroke Grove as part of the Portobello Film Festival. The band were joined by Jerry Richards on bass guitar.

The evening started with a screening of 'The Final Programme', Robert Fuest's 1973 film based on the Jerry Cornelius novel by Michael Moorcock. The film was introduced by Jenny Runacre who played Miss Brunner in the film.

A Dalek appeared during the course of the Space☆Ritual set (courtesy of Stuart Currie), kicking off an ongoing intergalatic melee with the fabulous Ms Angel.

http://www.spaceritual.org/report01.html

http://www.spaceritual.org/
        Hopefully someone attended and can give us somewhat of a review. I wouldnt have missed that bash for the world.
        I wonder if Nik did D-Rider??
        Last edited by voilodian ghagnasdiak; 08-19-2006, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• GuyLawley
          Champion of the Balance
          • Aug 2004

Wish I could have been there; was in Italy at the time.

Comment

Working...
          X