Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Unabridged AudioBook: 'The Sailor On The Seas Of Fate'.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unabridged AudioBook: 'The Sailor On The Seas Of Fate'.

Dear all,

Late last year, an announcement was made for the then-imminent release of -- for the first time ever as an audiobook -- 'The Sailor On The Seas Of Fate', completely unabridged, from AudioRealms Inc.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but AudioRealms' Fred Godsmark is currently away on vacation and has asked me to notify people that copies are finally due to ship within the next couple of weeks (upon his return; some may in fact have shipped already).

Please note that, exclusive to this unabridged reading, by Jeffrey West, there is a unique 11-minute introduction, specially written and read by Michael Moorcock.

Best,

John.

I'm happy for this
    Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Thanks for letting us know, John! By the way, I got the catalogue you sent me. It's nice and helpful, thanks!

Hieronymus, does the new release also going to feature a piece by you?

And if I remember correctly, the first audiobook had two versions... I can't recall what the differences between them were (anybody knows?), but will the new audiobook match the current (second) version of the first audiobook in style etc.? I don't have the first one and would like to order it together with the second, but I'll be happier if they look like a set and match each other.

Comment

Fred actually asked for that announcement not to be made yet. I was talking to him the day he left for vacation and he asked me not to say anything until he got back. The new one will match the second release of the first one. I am getting some sent to me as soon as Fred returns I'll have them up on my website as soon as I receive them

Ken
        Ken Boorman
        Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

Originally posted by KenBoorman
          Fred actually asked for that announcement not to be made yet. I was talking to him the day he left for vacation and he asked me not to say anything until he got back. The new one will match the second release of the first one. I am getting some sent to me as soon as Fred returns I'll have them up on my website as soon as I receive them

Ken

sweet!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by Oren Douek
            Hieronymus, does the new release also going to feature a piece by you?

And if I remember correctly, the first audiobook had two versions... I can't recall what the differences between them were (anybody knows?), but will the new audiobook match the current (second) version of the first audiobook in style etc.? I don't have the first one and would like to order it together with the second, but I'll be happier if they look like a set and match each other.
            Yes Oren, also this second cover is mine ( First had a real cover and a second artwork on the back ).
            I hope of painting the third too
            Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Dear all,

Ken says that Fred asked for the announcement not to be made. I wonder why he asked me to announce it then, at the same time. Curiouser and curiouser...

Like Ken, I'll be getting my stock copies pretty soon; as soon as Fred gets back.

I wasn't aware of any artwork differences between versions of the 'Elric Of Melniboné' audiobook. All I know is that the very first pressings were on jet-black C.D.s, with a bonus (red) C.D.-ROM included.

Best,

John.

Comment

Ah, here is where I remembered it from:

Originally posted by Fred Godsmark
                The cover is changing slightly for the next run, so this will be a collectors item in even more ways.
                So there is some slight change in the cover according to Fred...

By the way, what did the red bonus CD-ROM contain? And finally, will The Sailor on the Seas of Fate also have a version with black CDs?
                Last edited by Oren; 08-07-2006, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Dear all,

The C.D.-ROM with early 'E.o.M.'s contained Elric artwork screensavers and such.

No, there are no black-disc editions of 'Sailor...' planned.

Best,

John.

Comment

Six weeks later

I just landed here by the good graces of Google.
                    Have they started shipping it yet?
                    I'm one of the people who pre-ordered this book. Was it a year ago? Near enough.
                    I'd figured AudioRealms was out of business or something, honestly. (Which would be terrible, because it's got Lovecraft, and now Moorcock) (in a theoretical, honey-I-promise-I'll-do-it-this-weekend-for-sure kinda way)
                    Has anybody out there received their copy of "Sailor on the Seas of Fate"?

Comment

Dear Ronbo, et al.,

The latest I've heard is that it's definitely shipping this week, but I've not had that confirmed yet, so...

... we'll see.

I'll be e-mailing AudioRealms this morning, to double-check.

Best,

John.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDavey
                        Dear all,

The C.D.-ROM with early 'E.o.M.'s contained Elric artwork screensavers and such.

No, there are no black-disc editions of 'Sailor...' planned.

Best,

John.
                        When you say no blank disc editions, do you mean there wil not be a downloadable version of it or something?

Comment

Originally posted by danskmacabre
                          When you say no blank disc editions, do you mean there wil not be a downloadable version of it or something?
                          It was black-disc editions, not blank discs. I think the first pressing of the Elric of Melnibone audiobook had black discs - you know, like the black sword? - whereas subsequent pressing had a different colour. Or something.
                          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
                            It was black-disc editions, not blank discs. I think the first pressing of the Elric of Melnibone audiobook had black discs - you know, like the black sword? - whereas subsequent pressing had a different colour. Or something.
                            Ah ok, thanks..:)

Comment

Amazon is now advertising the Elric audiobooks on MP3 CD - for rather a lot less than the regular multi-disc edition.
                              Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Working...
                              X