Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Fan stories about multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I'm all for as international a site as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Celbrion
    replied
    ok then. If the editor accepts, I would glady send the story.

Leave a comment:

• nalpak retrac
    replied
    Originally posted by Celbrion
    It would be a pleasure for me if the editor accepts but of course the story will be published in Turkish and I don't know if it will be suitable or okay if no one enjoys it... :=)
    Well, another way to look at it is that your story will create interest for PX in Turkey, where there are many people who would also enjoy the English language stories it contains. Moreover, there are many people in Europe and North America who speak Turkish, and who would appreciate seeing your piece.

I believe--again, don't let me speak for you Perdix--that as the project unfolds PX will include many works in languages other than English. Already in PX #1 we have a piece in German from Christian Baudissin, and I suspect some material in French and Portuguese is coming soon.

Leave a comment:

• Celbrion
    replied
    Originally posted by Carter Kaplan
    Not that I should presume to speak for the noble Sheditor (Prototype-X editor), but I suspect he might be very interested in publishing a Turkish-language story.
    It would be a pleasure for me if the editor accepts but of course the story will be published in Turkish and I don't know if it will be suitable or okay if no one enjoys it... :=)

Leave a comment:

• Celbrion
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    Maybe it could be published in Turkish so that at least Turkish readers could enjoy it ? There are surely fan fiction sites which would be interested. Anyone out there willing to translate ? Sounds good.
    Yes, I have it in mind to send it to a fan fiction site but unfortunately these kind of sites are at their silent night era in Turkey. If I could find a good fan fiction site...

I think no one shall translate it even they want to. Translation takes lots of time and it is not a work that suits for fans :=). I would translate it only if my English was sufficent... It would have be a great thing for me even you glance in to my story =)

Leave a comment:

• nalpak retrac
    replied
    Not that I should presume to speak for the noble Sheditor (Prototype-X editor), but I suspect he might be very interested in publishing a Turkish-language story.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Maybe it could be published in Turkish so that at least Turkish readers could enjoy it ? There are surely fan fiction sites which would be interested. Anyone out there willing to translate ? Sounds good.

Leave a comment:

• Celbrion
    replied
    I asked that because Elric is my favourite fiction character and one day I had come up with an idea that I could try to write a story about Elric. Before that I had some ideas about a cosmic hunter that is born of universe, that hunts the Eternal Champions. So I began to write the story and it appeared as a short story about 50-60 pages... I enjoyed it while writing, because with the imagining the Elric's world; the blind captain and his ship, a cosmic nomad race which seeks Elric's help, flying castles over the planes, which are puked by a cosmic throat and other enjoyable things involved in story. Even the other eternal champions come to aid the Elric in his hopeless war with the hunter :=)...

It is really very exciting to create something with these legendary materials even they are for fun. No one has read the story but I intend to show it to a couple friends. As a wish Mr. Moorcock reads this story.. (a wish that never will come true because the story is in Turkish :=)

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    As long as my stuff isn't being actively plagiarised, I've never had problems with non-commercial uses of any of my characters or backgrounds. However, sometimes (as with D&D) those fan projects turn into professional projects and enthusiasm seems to turn to exploitation.
    Generally, I tend to make agreements, these days, so that the material can't be passed off (as with Chaosium's unauthorised story lines).

Leave a comment:

• Celbrion
    started a topic Fan stories about multiverse

Fan stories about multiverse

I am curious about what Mr. Moorcock thinks about multiverse fan stories that has no commercial worry, only for writing for joy and only for the reading of fans.

I am also curious about that anyone has a project like this here?

In my country there is a saying that "curiosity kills the cat", I think it is a bad thing too but I had to ask :=D
Working...
X