Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Too Much Moorcock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Much Moorcock?

This goes under the heading of Bizarre Occurrences. I had to stop by a bank yesterday in a part of town I seldom visit. The teller who waited on me was a very cute, friendly young girl who was also an albino. I of course thought of Elric and his daughter. So I left the bank and went to meet a friend for lunch. We were about halfway through our meal when I looked around at one of the other tables and there sat a tall, slender, young man with shoulder length white hair, and yes, he was an albino. If a white rabbit had run by I'd have probably jumped up and dashed from the restaurant. I think I'm reading too much Moorcock...

You've certainly beaten the odds, Thongor. This one falls in the "I wish I won the lottery instead" category.

Cool story to be able to tell. And watch out for those white rabbits!

Comment

You know, I didn't even think of that, Doc. I checked google and it lists the occurrences of albinism as one in 17,000. I did note that the bank teller didn't have red eyes, since I was face to face with her, but that's apparently the case for a lot of albinos. The guy in the restaurant was wearing shades so I don't know about him.

Comment

I saw only one man albino in my life...real albino with red eyes, not blue.
        But i remember also to have seen a Great Dane albino... he was a spectral vision! Red eyes, pink ears he looked like an infernal dog.
        Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

What terrific personal fortitude. How did you not ask them about Elric? Nice job!
          Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

So,meeting two albinos requires you meet 289 000 000 people...
            And you saw both of them almost the same time.Maybe they were relatives?I guess they might as well be...Elric and his daughter...

On the other hand,as my professor in Statistics had told me,if a rare phenomenon happens,the moment with the greatest possibility to happen again is just the next one.And the possibility drops rapidly,as time goes on.

Comment

Ive seen Johnny Winters live 3 times. He is albino..and he does ROCK. Maybe you should have asked the young fellow if he had any acting experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Thongor
                I checked google and it lists the occurrences of albinism as one in 17,000.
                Thongor, how many people live in your town/city? Maybe you should work out how many there could be and try to find the rest?

You seem to have a knack for it!
                You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

There is no such thing as too much Moorcock.

Comment

"There is no such thing as too much Moorcock"

How does the song go?
                    "And I just can't get enough..." :)
                    Last edited by Heiron; 07-29-2006, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island
                      Thongor, how many people live in your town/city? Maybe you should work out how many there could be and try to find the rest?

You seem to have a knack for it!

I'm afraid if I find any more I'll have to go off to Mu-Ooria and fight Prince Gaynor or something!

Comment

Thongor,I think that if you search your house you may find an old sword with special powers...
                        Should anyone come and ask for it...you know you are in deep trouble. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Heiron
                          Thongor,I think that if you search your house you may find an old sword with special powers...
                          Should anyone come and ask for it...you know you are in deep trouble. ;)
                          You should be OK as long as you don't have any relatives called Gaynor or Gunnar, etc.

Comment

Hi Thongor,

That is some strange occurrence.

When I first saw your line, I was going to reply:

There is never enough Moorcock!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                            - Michael Moorcock

Comment

I think you are entering the twilight zone

Comment

Working...
                              X