Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Michael thx for introducing me to JaydeDesign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael thx for introducing me to JaydeDesign

For those of you who have not checked with John at JaydeDesign, I suggest you do so. If you are trying to find rare copies of Michael Moorcock's work, this is a great resource.

I just purchased:
    Stormbringer, Herbert Jenkins, 1965 h/c, 1st ed., no dust-wrapper, signed: آ£50.00. (about $94) it was آ£55.00 ($101) shipped via air mail - آ£52.00 ($95) by ground.

No dust-jacket, but about half the price you'd find anywhere else for a signed copy. ABE books had a couple of links to this item priced @ $295 and $425. They had dust-jackets but these were worn and torn (on the desriptions from the stores that had them) with price marks and one even had a stamp from a US distributor (the latter example - $425) I think.

I don't even care about the jacket, I just collect for my own enjoyment. [email protected] has a lot of Michael's early stuff. Get his list, you won't be sorry!!!
    When they had advanced together to meet on common
    ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
    and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
    each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
    mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
    killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

That might be quite a good investment also what with the film coming...

Comment

John is the best source for rare items at reasonable prices.
      You might like to consider getting a colour Xerox of the cover. This is what a lot of people do these days, just to give the book its complete
      original appearance. I have bought several books recently from dealers who offer such items at a much lower price. The Xeroxes are pretty much as good as the original once you've put a plastic cover on them!
      All you'd need to do is contact a collector who'd be willing to xerox the
      cover for you! My only spare copy of that book is one I recovered from my mother's house after her dog had eaten a good deal of it!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

What is it with animals eating your homework? Cats on the keyboard. I get the impression your cats write your books and the other animals are their critics.
        The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Well, the rats (and moths to be fair) made a meal of much of the stuff I stored in my Ladbroke Grove basement and it's possible the dog got the idea from them. The cats do in fact do most of the writing but of late it's been big cane roaches who have been eating my H.G.Wells first editions. I think it's something I put on them to smarten up the spines...
          Not the roaches, the books.

The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
          Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
          Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Thx for the advice on the dust-cover. I'll look into it. John does have a great selection. I will definately make a habit of contacting him whenever I have some extra money.

The roaches huh? I just moved into your part of the country and am not looking forward to those "Texas-Sized" bugs. I better check my books!! :)

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Those roaches get so big you almost feel like giving them individual names. Some of the mosquitoes have flown down the chimney and carried off the cats, too. Or could I just be turning into a Texan ?
              However, they only tend to come into your house looking for water and are basically outside bugs. Careful how you swat them. you get a pregnant one and suddenly you have scores of little ones all over the place! My advice -- don't use cocoa butter on your spines. I used it in the UK on dried out spines or to shine up gold stamping. It's very good
              for that purpose. But it's also tasty, apparently. Not only did I have some trouble with roaches eating it, I had a dog some years ago which took a liking to the books on the lower shelves... Vaseline is almost as good and doesn't seem as tasty to bugs and Old English sheep dogs...
              :lol:

Comment

Gigantic Roaches and cats writing books? Oh My god! I got the wrong Michael. I was looking for Moorcock but I ended in Michael Ende! :lol:

I'm thinking about dealing with Jade... But then I wonder: Does he only works with rare editions or signed ones? Because I just want the regular UK omnibuses. As I told a million times Amazon.co.uk is pissing me off
                \\

Comment

lordmarioh,

JaydeDesign has every omnibus I've ever seen for MM's work (got the list in front of me), some 1st editions, some not. All very reasonably priced. I don't see any of the omnibuses that are signed though (you'll have to ask).

Since he is in your neck of the woods (London, you are in the U.K. right?), I would absolutely recommend getting this list. There are so many great books on it, I have no doubt you will find what you are looking for. And like I said, very reasonable pricing .

And the great thing is he gives you a printed list! He (John) said he's old-fashioned like that. Wish more people were.

He mailed it to me in Texas, but I am sure you could get his info by email and get this list faster (it only took a few days for me). His address is on the bottom of the list along with his tele# so you might be able to get that by email. I, of course, can't give out that info here.

I almost hate to tell everyone - you will all snatch up these books! Kinda like telling the world about a gold mine! :D

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Dear all,

It's John Davey here, of Jayde Design. Not sure I can live up to all this glowing praise, but I'll try...

To answer a couple of people's queries & comments, I certainly don't have only rare or signed editions for sale. Prices range from آ£1/$2 to آ£350/$650, and include the very common AND the very rare.

I choose to send out printed copies of the list for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it's very long, and not really best formatted for electronic transfer. Also, that way everyone receives the list in the order in which they've been requested, giving no-one a jump on what's available.

That's all f'now...

Best,

John.

Comment

I know John will blush if he reads this, but if you guys really have a few extra bucks then ask him for a copy of his own book "Blood and Souls", which is a damn good one. He's just too modest to mention it anywhere, but has no reason to hide it.
                      Just trust old L'Etranger and get your copy at Jayde's
                      Google ergo sum

Comment

Yes, I saw that on "The List" he provided me. Blood And Souls: A Novel, by John Davey...

Good for John!

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Proliferate it, spread the word, amigo!
                          Google ergo sum

Comment

Dear all,

Hi, it's me again, John Davey, not only one half of Jayde Design but also the humble author of 'Blood And Souls'.

For anyone who's curious... I guess you’d call it a contemporarily set fantasy novel. Despite its title -- and certain other, deliberately resonant themes -- it’s neither set in a Moorcockian world nor based on any of his characters.

It did get some pretty favourable reviews, snippets of which I can e-mail to anyone wanting to see 'em.

That's all f'now...

Best,

John.

Comment

Congratulations on the book John!

I'm looking forward to my Jayde Design for-sale list. I'll be sure to include
                              'Blood And Souls' with my first order!
                              \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                              X