Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

White Wolf's Son Questions *SPOILERS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Wolf's Son Questions *SPOILERS*

I've just recently finished reading The White Wolf's Son. I really enjoyed it. The breathtaking last chapters more than made up for the slow start (which was good nevertheless). I've read an interview where Mike said that women who read The Dreamthief's Daughter had vivid dreams afterwards. Well, I'm not a woman, but after finishing The White Wolf's Son I had really vivid dreams during the following night! I have several questions regarding the book. I'll be glad for any answers Here I go:

Last edited by Oren; 07-28-2006, 02:28 PM.

Oren, you can now use the [spoiler] & [/spoiler] tags in your posts to hide spoilers...

Just FYI.

(You'll see a new button in the Post Message box to make this easier.)
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Thanks David, I know. I tried to use it first but it distorted the entire paragraph structure, turning each into one long sentence forcing you to scroll to the far right to read it all. So I edited the post to remove the spoiler tags. We should do some tests later

Comment

It's working now. Thanks for the fix, David!

Comment

You're welcome.
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Sorry, Oren, answered in the wrong thread. Can't tell you until I see a copy of the book either here or when I get back to the US in the fall/winter. I'll probably be back in time for World Fantasy in early Nov. since it's in Austin, this year. Then on to N. California. Won't be at home much... So remind me prob late Oct.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
            The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
            Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
            The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
            Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

No problem, Mike, and thanks for letting me know. I'll ressurect this thread in due time, and in the meantime if anybody has any answers or speculations, I'll be happy to hear them.

Comment

I guess it's time to bump this thread up. Mike, don't waste too much time trying to answer these questions if that forces you to read large sections of the book. I know you don't tend to reread your own books, and frankly these questions are not that important. It's just my curiosity

Comment

Working...
                X