Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Looking for a specific poster / art print...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rothgo
    replied
    Nope: the one you have is not the one the original poster was asking about.
    Post 6 was the image in question.

Leave a comment:

• TrailBlazer530
    replied
    Might have the picture your looking for

My email address is [email protected] if you send me a message I could send you a picture of what I have.

Leave a comment:

• Governor of Rowe Island
    replied
    No problem, @eL. Didn't realise they came in different sizes.

Maybe you should rasterize it with the Rasterbator! You could cover the whole wall then.

Leave a comment:

• AnarchyeL
    replied
    Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island
    Found it on eBay, AnarchyeL -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1970s-MICHAEL-...QQcmdZViewItem

Buy it now for $9.99 (+p&p). It's an option and it's a little less.
    Hmm... Thanks for looking, but that is a smaller version. The one I had as a child really dominated the wall above my bed, and for sentimental reasons I'd like to duplicate that.

Too bad!

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Thanks Oren. That painting has turned up on German editions of the Elric Saga and was also used for Games Workshop's 'Eternal Champion' miniature set.

Thanks for that info, Mike. I'd forgotten about the calendars Rodney had done with you.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    They were done, believe it or not, to be done as posters (and postcards). The ones which appeared as book jackets were done as book jackets, just as the illustrations for Elric at the End of Time were done specifically for that book. Some images were later incorporated into calendars. Rodney and I posed for pictures which went with the calendars. Big O was a publishing company, mainly doing posters, but who also went into illustrated books and were a co-publisher with Savoy, for instance, on The Crystal and the Amulet. Shortly before they collapsed as a company, they flew Howard Chaykin over to England to discuss a book Howard and I were going to do for them but which, of course, never became a reality. Boss was Peter Ledeboer. Very nice bloke who I still see from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• Oren
    replied
    Originally posted by David Mosley
    So what's the story with the others? Were they only intended as posters, postcards, etc., or was there an intent to have them feature as book covers that never materialised?
    Hebrew edition cover of Stormbringer:

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    This reminds me... Rodney Matthews seemed to do a lot of paintings for Mike's books that never seemed to get used as book covers - like the one for 'The Sleeping Sorceress' (The Vanishing Tower) above.

Another one was for 'The Champion of Garathorm':

Whereas others for, say, 'The Transformation of Miss Mavis Ming' or 'England Invaded' did get used as jackets for hardcovers.

So what's the story with the others? Were they only intended as posters, postcards, etc., or was there an intent to have them feature as book covers that never materialised?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Governor of Rowe Island
    replied
    Found it on eBay, AnarchyeL -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1970s-MICHAEL-...QQcmdZViewItem

Buy it now for $9.99 (+p&p). It's an option and it's a little less.

Leave a comment:

• AnarchyeL
    replied
    Originally posted by Typhoid_Mary
    I've just checked and I think it is available on Rodney Matthew's website. Unfortunately there's no picture so I can't be certain, but I have seen that picture labelled as "Elric & Moonglum" on a couple of other sites.

http://www.rodneymatthews.com/cgi-bi...e/RMCP362.html
    Yep, that's the one I found. I wrote to them and confirmed the description... so as soon as I can get the money, it will be mine!

Leave a comment:

• AnarchyeL
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    Phew. Seems a bit pricey. Why not check if Rodney Matthews has a website. Not that long ago he was selling prints of his own work. You might get a signed one for a hundred bucks!
    Actually, I'm buying this one from RodyneyMatthews.com!!!

Most of them are in the range of $10-20... but apparently this one is in very limited supply.

Ah well... I'm pretty sure my parents are the ones who lost it. Maybe I can guilt them into a contribution!

Leave a comment:

• tvissoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Typhoid_Mary
    Beat you to it.
    Yup. Sure did. Guess I should 'F5' before I post, eh?

Tony

Leave a comment:

• Typhoid_Mary
    replied
    Beat you to it.

Leave a comment:

• tvissoc
    replied
    Originally posted by AnarchyeL
    Yes, the one posted by David is what I'm looking for... thanks again to everyone.

Possibly good news: I found a site that MAY be selling it! The description says "picture coming," but it sounds like the one... so I wrote to them asking for details. $100, but well worth it I think.
    Could it be this one too? No pic yet on the page, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• Typhoid_Mary
    replied
    I've just checked and I think it is available on Rodney Matthew's website. Unfortunately there's no picture so I can't be certain, but I have seen that picture labelled as "Elric & Moonglum" on a couple of other sites.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X