Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Looking for a specific poster / art print...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a specific poster / art print...

I am looking for a particular poster / art print of Elric. My parents originally bought it for me as a "birthing" present, since they named me after the character. Since then, at some point in various moves, it seems to have become misplaced.

The poster was very large, and it depicted Elric with Stormbringer in hand, accompanied by Moonglum (I believe), ascending a mountain peak. A dragon dominates the scene.

If this sounds familiar to anyone, I would like to know the artist's name and any other information you can provide... I have been trying without any luck to locate a copy online, and more information might be helpful.

Naturally, I would also love to hear if anyone has the print and would be interested in selling!! I happen to be a stereotypically poor graduate student at the moment, but I would do my best to make a worthwhile offer.

Okay, so... thanks!!

Hmmmm, didn't Rodney Matthews do one that looked like that? Dangit, I had some of his stuff -- including, possibly, that image -- hanging in my bedroom at the old apartment -- but I haven't had a chance to unpack and hang all of my non-framed artwork, posters, etc., in the new house. No idea where it is right now. :(

It might have been used as a Diamondhead (band) album cover, iirc.

Edit: went trawling through the galleries at www.rodneymatthews.com and didn't see the one I have. I know it was by him, though.
    Last edited by Pellaz; 07-17-2006, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks Pellaz!

A Google image search actually turned it up! Of course, I'm no closer to obtaining it... but now at least I know what I'm looking for!

If your copy turns up and you have ANY interest in selling, please email me at [email protected] and I'll make an offer... The poster meant a lot to me, and it looks like it was lost when my parents moved.

Thanks again!

Comment

I think it is by Rodney Matthews ( he is a great! ), and they aren't dragons but elementals ( if I remember as well ).
        Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

You mean this one? If not, you better link the right one here, so people can recall whether they've seen it for sale or have it somewhere.

Comment

He means this one (I think):

Last edited by David Mosley; 05-07-2012, 11:51 AM. Reason: Original image has disappeared, so replaced with copy from Image Hive
            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

That one, David!
              Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

Poster, postcards and calendar image, as I recall. The Matthews/Moorcock stuff published by Big O were hugely successful in their day and there were probably millions published at the time, though, of course, people don't tend to keep them. I used up the postcards years ago and never had a poster.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Good team!

Comment

Yeah, good team really!
                    I have the books of Paper Tiger, I remember I bought them in Milan when I studied Art there in 88...Then I was astonished by artistic skill of Matthews...his strong colours and his "humour"
                    Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

Yes, the one posted by David is what I'm looking for... thanks again to everyone.

Possibly good news: I found a site that MAY be selling it! The description says "picture coming," but it sounds like the one... so I wrote to them asking for details. $100, but well worth it I think.

Comment

Phew. Seems a bit pricey. Why not check if Rodney Matthews has a website. Not that long ago he was selling prints of his own work. You might get a signed one for a hundred bucks!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                        The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                        The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Ah... Cool. For my computer wallpaper at home, I have the pic of Tanelorn that he did. Didn't realize who the artist was.

Comment

I've just checked and I think it is available on Rodney Matthew's website. Unfortunately there's no picture so I can't be certain, but I have seen that picture labelled as "Elric & Moonglum" on a couple of other sites.

http://www.rodneymatthews.com/cgi-bi...e/RMCP362.html

Comment

Originally posted by AnarchyeL
                              Yes, the one posted by David is what I'm looking for... thanks again to everyone.

Possibly good news: I found a site that MAY be selling it! The description says "picture coming," but it sounds like the one... so I wrote to them asking for details. $100, but well worth it I think.
                              Could it be this one too? No pic yet on the page, unfortunately.

http://www.rodneymatthews.com/cgi-bi...e/RMCP362.html

Comment

Working...
                              X