Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Your Miscellany Reading Habits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Miscellany Reading Habits

I always see a lot of visitors, but not all of you post when you are on, so I'm left to assume that you are reading without replying. That's not a problem, of course. What are your habits, if you don't mind sharing?

If the poll doesn't capture your habits, would you mind elaborating?
    I read new posts.
    52.00%
    I read with the intent to reply.
    38.00%
    I am reading a lot of those old threads.
    6.00%
    I read only threads that Michael Moorcock is replying to.
    4.00%
    Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

I generally browse whatever catches my eye...new or old. Obviously, I take the time read virtually every thread Mike has been part of. Currently, I'm reading alot of old threads to get back in the swing of things around here. Most often, I do not have any intent to reply; reading, instead, just to see what is going on or what is being said. When I feel I can add something I will post a reply...otherwise, I'll be pretty quiet.

..So...all of the above?
    "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
    --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Typically I stick to the Q&A, Message of the Day, The Enclave, Reasoned Debate and the Book and Movie sections.
      Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

I am reading the old threads. I also read the new threads, and reply when I have time. Some things I come accross, that I need for information on, I look it up online on various sites like wikipedia and reference or imbd. :)

If when I read something new and there is nothing I could really add to enhance the thread or share my opinion, I let it go until I think of something to write.

I enjoy the Enclave and need to catch up on reading stories.

I still want to check into PX more.

I, obviously try to always see what Mike is saying in present time.

I enjoy polls and movie,book talk.

I like it all of course and need to get in on those new sword & sorcery threads and the like. :D

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

I read all the new threads then keep returning to the ones that I have found interesting whenever there are new posts on them.

Usually I come on site when I get an e-mail alert telling me someone has reponded to a thread I'm following, then I trawl the entire place.

Sometimes I reply but 'when I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed'.

Comment

Trying to save time, i read new posts in the threads who interest me and i try to post if i think i have something to say ...........

Comment

The first thing I do is read new posts because a lot of them are replies to older threads. (such as the one J.E. replied to this am about the royalties from NWF dated 2004).This is fun and no one should have the power to take that away.(except Mike) If someone has a knot in their girdle, or a bunion acting up,take it out somewhere else.I find it a lot more informing to check current posts and work back in retrospect.
              Of course it is a privelege to follow Mike M's posts, but in the same token if we all converged on him at once there would be a total loss in communication. It is working out nice the way it is.
              Excellent Work Berry!
              Last edited by voilodian ghagnasdiak; 06-27-2006, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I read everything new. I will search old threads if I have a question about a specific topic, though.

I always intend to post, but I don't always have anything to add, so many times I just lurk.
                As the minutes gain momentum like a bird, man.

Comment

Not only Mike, but want to see what the rest of the Irregulars are up to. Tend to stick in Q&A for the most part, but, as y'all note, I do pop up in unexpected places.

Currently am pressed for time, big time! Have been working (like any good writer should) from a comfy chair, but hectic! So right now no dabbling idly about, it's straight to it when I get a few minutes.

Very busy. Very very busy. Gotta go! Later!

Miqque
                  ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

I go to The Condition of Muzak at least once a day, and for that I got this new Moderator t-shirt!

I go to the Q&A probably 2 out of 3 days as I find if I go every day, I'm wishing for more new stuff.

I make my way through everything else eventually and try to participate as I do. However, I haven't done so since the ressurection yet.
                    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

I am less than systematic when it comes to keeping up with this site. It's been such a crazy couple of weeks for me that I've had to keep it light. Try to post when it makes sense... but often I don't, I'm sure
                      A lot of catching up to do, especially with the older threads...
                      Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
                      -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

New Posts, check to see if anyone's in the Moorcock Inn, check to see how Mike's doing, check for any SF related stuff, the Doctor Who Thread's one of my favourites. Anything to do with Jerry C., Dancers at the End of Time, Hawkmoon, the 'straight' novels, music and somewhere down the list, the Movie, Elric and other S&S stuff.

And, I really enjoy all sorts of stuff about fanzines, the history of SF, comics, magazines, music and related Pop. Cultural stuff, from the 40's to the present. I've learned a fair bit from this Site and not just about Mike's work.

That's why this is such a great Site, for me. I can understand why a lot of people just come onto the Site to browse. Lots to read and see. Educational, as well as entertaining.

Oh! Yeah! i enjoy the level of debate, too.

Comment

I normally start off in the Q&A reveiwing the new posts, usually oldest first, replying where I feel I have something useful, helpful or interesting to say. From there I pull back into the Miscellany overview and look at new posts in the Welcome Centre, Message of the Day, FAQ, and so until I end on the Media forums. By which time there's usually something new in the Q&A so I start all over again.

I tend not to look at what's happening in The Elric Movie (it's all speculation atm until the film actually goes into production, so not much interest), nor The Enclave, or Activism. I poke my head into Reasoned Debate if the 'headline' thread sounds interesting, and then maybe look around at other threads therein.

Condition of Muzak and Prototype X are only occassionally visited, and Genre Discussions haven't built up a head of steam yet to be a regular stopping point on my moonbeam travels.
                          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by mephisto_kur
                            I read everything new. I will search old threads if I have a question about a specific topic, though.

I always intend to post, but I don't always have anything to add, so many times I just lurk.
                            Same here. I would normally like to reply in threads, but usually only have a "me too" to add... Like now.... I've been an Elric fan for ages, but I don't have the in depth knowledge, nor the ability to remember facts (facts of fiction?) well during reading...

Comment

I seem to follow pretty much the same route as David. I rarely visit the Elric movie forums, feeling pretty much the same, and haven't been there since the resurrection. In fact, I rarely visit anywhere below 'Eldren Technology,' but I've just discovered some of the new additions below that forum and I've had a nose around.
                              Who knows, maybe my browsing habits are changing!
                              You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Working...
                              X