Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Swords of Heaven/Flowers of Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swords of Heaven/Flowers of Hell

I haven't the faintest idea what this is about, other than the fact that it is an Erekose story. Anyone know anything about this? I'd like to try to find a copy. I've been interested in finding out more about it for a while. Is it a different story than the Erekose books (the eternal champion, silver warriors, dragon in the sword)?

It's a story I did with Howard Chaykin as a graphic novel. Completely different to anything published. There's some talk of reissuing it.
    It would be nice if someone did.
    It's pretty hard to find, these days.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Yeah, if that could get reissued along with the Elric graphic novels from Pacific (and the P Craig Russell Stormbringer), I would be very happy indeed... :lol:

Comment

The P Craig Russel Stormbringer is availiable in most quality comic shops (and some dire comic shops as well).

I was fortunate enough to pick up a copy of SoH/FoH, nice artwork and a fun story, especially the Angels and their killer urine. Toilet Humour at its most killer.

Comment

Re: Swords of Heaven/Flowers of Hell

[quote="dlackey"]I haven't the faintest idea what this is about, other than the fact that it is an Erekose story....

I think the avatar of the eternal champion in this graphic novel is called Clen of Clen Gar.I saw a copy once in the dim and murky past and have been searching all over to find one ever since.Can any kindly soul give us a run down of what happens in the story?I know it has to do with strange beasties weeing acidic rain( or was I hallucinating at the time I looked at a copy?). :oops:

Comment

Originally posted by dlackey
            Anyone know anything about this?
            "The Swords of Heaven, The Flowers of Hell" is a third chapter in Erekose sequence. It was published in the european format (A4) by Heavy Metal Communications in 1979, with introduction by Michael Moorcock.
            I bought my copy several years ago in "Lambiek" comics shop in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. This book is one of the most beautiful comics I own (and I own a lot). All painted by Howard Chaykin in a rich textural style of Gustav Klimt - my favourite Viennesse art-nouveau painter. Definitely a must-have for all MM fans!
            [broken link]
            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Krzysiek
              Originally posted by dlackey
              Anyone know anything about this?
              "The Swords of Heaven, The Flowers of Hell" is a third chapter in Erekose sequence. It was published in the european format (A4) by Heavy Metal Communications in 1979, with introduction by Michael Moorcock.
              I bought my copy several years ago in "Lambiek" comics shop in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. This book is one of the most beautiful comics I own (and I own a lot). All painted by Howard Chaykin in a rich textural style of Gustav Klimt - my favourite Viennesse art-nouveau painter. Definitely a must-have for all MM fans!
              [broken link]

Nice one Krzysiek."Hey look everybody I've got a copy of 'The Swords of Heaven,The Flowers of Hell'.Very instructive...NOT! It is debateable wether Clen is Erekose, or as different as Elric is to Erekose.So how about being more informative instead of just advertising the graphic novel? A small outline of the events of the story would not go amiss, just to wet our apetites. :x
              Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Actually Krzysiek, I'm glad you posted that scan. I knew about the graphic novel but had no idea of how Chaykin envisioned the story. I thought scanning the cover was a nice gesture, and gave me a little more insight into what MM has said elsewhere about it.

For what my opinion is worth...

Comment

[quote="Hyperspace_Harlequin"][quote="dlackey"]I haven't the faintest idea what this is about, other than the fact that it is an Erekose story....

Can any kindly soul give us a run down of what happens in the story?

Nice picture.Thanks for putting the artwork up.No kindly souls out there?

Ariosto

Comment

Ariosto?
                    Mario?
                    Christina?
                    Onan?
                    Time to learn how to close the tags and make spaces after dots.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                      Ariosto?
                      Mario?
                      Christina?
                      Onan?

Are THEY still out to get you Nathan?

Around every corner and in every room. THEY are everywhere watching, waiting and posting messages.

An electric pentagram or elder sign should help defend against THEIR infiltration into human society. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                        Ariosto?
                        Mario?
                        Christina?
                        Onan?
                        Sorry about that.I was in a paranoid mood.My apologies.

Comment

All is forgiven my child. Dont do it again.

Comment

Working...
                          X