Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

'Michael Moorcock: the Banta Years.'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Michael Moorcock: the Banta Years.'

MM: You've been kind enough to offer this site's assistance in tracing hard-to-find material, but I'm not sure if this is too extreme a case. I recall reading somewhere that one of the fanzines you produced in your youth was for jazz fans - indeed, it might even have been called 'Jazz Fan'. I should add that I'm interested in this from a professional point of view rather than fannish obsession (not that I'm not a fan of your work, obviously - it's just that I imagine that every word of yours including your notes for the milkman must get pored over by some). Did this 'zine actually exist? If so, do examples or does any of its content survive somewhere? If not, what are your recollections? I promise not to ask you to dig up copies of 'Outlaw's Own' - although that might be fun, too. Sorry if it looks as though I'm trying to set you homework!

PS: Are you still in touch with Langdon Jones? His site's an intriguing (and evolving) personal time capsule.

Yes, I did do a fanzine called Jazz Fan for a short while. This soon became another fanzine called The Rambler, which also took in blues and protest music. Copies do exist in facsimile and it might be worth contacting John Davey (Jayde Design) whose address is at the Vendors thread. Otherwise I'm not sure where you'll find them. I think copies do exist in the Bodleian, but you have to go there and get permission to search the collection, then photocopies are pretty expensive as they always seem to be in British public institutions (the BM has copies, too, come to think of it -- their charge for photocopies is amazingly high!).
    I sent the British Library most copies of my fanzines, since that copyrighted them automatically.
    Whether I could survive the embarrassment is another matter altogether!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Many thanks, MM - I'll seek out Mr Davey in the first instance.

Comment

Working...
      X