Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Pure Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I can't see David Gold mentioning me. I didn't deal with him much. David Warburton ran Compact Books, which was the arm of the company which published NW and the paperbacks. I think the Golds were recovering American titles off and on for years. Old man Gold (who had a gold Roller with the number plate God 1) started as an importer. I remember David Gold wanting me to write a text which, he confidentially explained, was just an excuse to run pictures of 'ladies in perogative poses'. His Mallapropisms were famous. Wonder if they edited the book themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Marca
    replied
    Forgot to mention - just as a sidenote - Gold was still dabbling in sf & fantasy in the 1970s as I've just sold a Kyrik sword & sorcery novel on ebay by Gardner F. Fox, which was a publication of David Gold & Sons. Printed in the USA, but with a UK price on it, this was part of what must have been a very short-lived line by 'Paramount Books'.

Leave a comment:

• Marca
    started a topic Pure Gold

Pure Gold

I see David Gold recently published his autobiography Pure Gold. Has anuyone seen or read it? I'm wondering whether Mike gets a mention anywhere. I read one interview with him about the book when he was talking about the Hank Janson series...
Working...
X